HubSpot Ideas

CJones2

Restrict access to edit communication subscriptions

It would be really helpful to restrict access to subscribe, resubscribe and unsubscribe contact records in the communication subscription section.

We need our sales team to be able to see the information on a record but as they don't fully understand the legal information I'd like to limit their ability to change these settings for a record.

6 Replies
RSerpa
Participant

+1

Without the abillity to restrict communication subscriptions to Teams (like other object properties) or by permission set, users in a child-team are able to remove people from a subscription that a parent team uses. 

TCoppen1
Participant

very much needed, if you have large teams. Errors will happen so restrictions are a must

With legal concerns in mind as well as user error, to be able to limit who can change the subscription opt in/out status is needed. The status can be manually changed here by anybody no matter the opt in/out status in other Hubspot email properties. At the least, I was hoping to be able to hide the "Communications subscriptions" section from the left sidebar view within Contact records, but I've been told that is not currently an option either. 

KBhattacharje

This feature is a must with the current regulations around GDPR & legal complience standpoint.

KHuds

This is an essential feature needed. Not every position that uses HubSpot is as aware regarding compliance. The ability to restrict overriding opt outs should be a standard feature. 

marcy730
Contributor

Yes! Need this! I would love to be able to limit who has permissions to subscribe or resubscribe people.