HubSpot Ideas

maris7

Restrict access to File Manager

Hi,

The File area should give the ability to restrict access to folders based on Users&Team,

so that the sales team do not messes with marketing files, and some content can be restricted based on users or team

ex: area for investors -> files should not be viewable by any sales trainee working in HubSpot

thanks

49 Replies
M4tr1xN30
Contributor

How is this not planned and implemented yet? This is super important and seriously dangerous that anyone can download all files. 

This is a major security issue. 

Folder and File permissions need to be granular. The ability to download ANYTHING should be restricted by default with the option to assign read only / download permissions to the user/team level.

ThiagoF
Contributor

@M4tr1xN30 They doesn't care about securing information. This is just another thing Hubspot do the exactly other way around.

cacosta
HubSpot Product Team

This feature is now in private beta - if you'd like to be part of it please reach out to me! 

M4tr1xN30
Contributor

@cacosta Awesome news. It would be good to get some more specifics, such as how this will work/what features/options would be available?

Will be be able to restrict at individual folder/file/user/team level?

Will this block files from showing in areas such as editing email signatures in settings and adding images. Currently all files in file manager are shown in there?

Thanks again for the update

cacosta
HubSpot Product Team

hey @M4tr1xN30 ,

Initially partitioning will be at the folder and sub-folder levels, and only for teams. This means that individual files/individual users are not options yet to be partitioned. This will affect all Files currently visible in your Files tool - any files that do not live there are not under this feature! Once the beta is done and we are in GA I will update here with more info. Feel free to DM me as well!

Cam

M4tr1xN30
Contributor

@cacosta thanks for the info and update. Looking forward to this being rolled out.

MPapayani

I would like to parcipate in Beta project. How can I do it?

cacosta
HubSpot Product Team

Hi everyone,

I am glad to announce that ability to limit team's access to the Files tool folders has been released. If you have questions, please let me know. Keep on reading for the official announcement:

What is it?

Working with a large team in HubSpot just got easier. Admins can now manage which teams should have access to which folders and sub-folders on their portal.

Why does it matter?

For admins, this update will enable you to restrict which folders other users in your account can see and edit, giving you more control over which teams have access to certain information. This will be especially helpful for companies that have several branches, where only certain branches should have access to particular folders.

How does it work?

All folders have their access set to "visible to all" by default and account admins can use this feature only to further restrict access.

To manage access to folders in the Files tools, as an admin:

• Navigate to the Files tool (Marketing > Files & Templates > Files).
  • In folder settings, click "manage access."
  • Add the teams that should be able to view the folder and its sub-folders.
  • If further restrictions are needed at the subfolder level, go to the subfolder settings and "manage access"
    • Note: Only teams with access to the root folder can be partitioned to see the sub-folder.

For more information please check our knowledge base.

cacosta
HubSpot Product Team