HubSpot Ideas

joshflightbucks

Limiting Permissions by Pipeline

My company has a workflow that requires one side of the company (claim specalists) to deal with sensitive information of individuals (under contacts) and the other side of the company (sales) to work with companies and contacts to partner with our company.   While the claims side needs to be set to private to whoever is working the account, the sales side idealy needs to be able to see everything but the contacts that are in the claim pipeline.  

It would be great to have a permission setting that would allow for the sales side to see all the sales relevent contacts, yet not be able to see the individuals filing claims. 

HubSpot Updates
March 17, 2021 08:09 AM

Hey HubSpot community, 

A bit of an update here. We have a small private beta going for pipeline permission. If you filled out this form prior to the 17th of March, you should now have access to the feature. You should also receive an email notifying you that access has been granted. We are hungry for feedback on how to improve the feature, so please reply to the email with questions and feedback. 

If you fill out the form after the 17th, we will add you to the beta in the coming days.

In Beta
February 24, 2021 07:30 AM

Hey HubSpot community, 

Excited news. Pipeline permissions is in private beta. We are giving early access to portals, at the appropriate tier, who filled out this form. If you provided contact information in the form, you will recieve an email once your portal has been granted access to the feature. 

Again, thanks for the continued feedback, HubSpot community.  

In Planning
January 25, 2021 06:43 AM

Hello HubSpot Community

Thank you for your incredible patience here. The team is happy to announce that we will be releasing pipeline permissions, which will allow admins to grant/restrict pipeline access by users and teams, to private beta shortly. If you have any professional or enterprise plan and would like to get early access to this feature, please fill out this form.

June 17, 2020 07:28 AM

@blawlorSJ thanks for the quick feedback. We are working on defining pipeline permissions. In our use case, should everyone with access to the Tech Support pipeline have the permission to edit the pipeline--i.e. make changes to the tickets. In other words, do you have team members who should see the Tech Support pipeline but not have access to edit it?

@JenD1 Thank you for the feedback. 

@dge Thank you for the illustration. Do you need to allow users who have edit acess to a pipeline to view other pipelines but not edit?  

June 17, 2020 06:54 AM

Hey, 

Thank you for submitting the idea. Im a PM at HubSpot and the idea you submitted is aligned with a plan the team is currently working on.  

As I understand your request: you need to be able to give your sales team access to their sales pipelines while restricting their access to the claims pipelines. Is this correct? Do you have a need to allow the claims team to see the sales pipelines but not edit them? The product team is seeking to validate how common is the use case of granting one user/team edit access in pipeline A, for exampe, while granting view only access in pipeline B. 

118 Replies
MS

Hi,

Is it possible to restrict permissione to a user so that he only sees the Pipeline I want?

cheers

MS

roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team

Hello @MS here is a comprehensive guide on HubSpot's User Roles & Permissions - I'd reccommend bookmarking this for future reference

For reference here is a brief breakdown:

Screen Shot 2017-04-24 at 15.13.25.png

Please note: Users with a View permissions setting of Owned Only will only be presented with contact records for which they are assigned as the HubSpot Owner within the Contacts dashboard, All Contacts, and Lists in the Sales and Marketing product; however, they can still view a contact that is not owned by them if they are sent a direct link to the contact. 

roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team

Reviewing the above, it is not possible to restrict users by specific pipelines, but I would reccommend post things as feature request on oir Ideas Forum: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/idb-p/HubSpot_Ideas

MR_KIN
Participant

Absolutely, this would be an incredibly useful feature in my company too. We often work with external consultants on specific projects, and it would be really useful to allow them access to just the pipeline we are working on with them. We could then also allow clients visibility of the pipeline we are working on for them, so they can see our progress (although those we'd like to be able to limit to just viewing the information if possible!)

HansF

Agree, this is a feature we would like to see, we have similar requirements.

deroticllc
Participant

I think being able to restrict users to specific pipelines is a great idea, and should be considered as a new option. I found this thread looking for answers about the same thing. Thank you-

amarfatia

This would be very useful

pauloxm

Absolutely! It's weird how Hotspots is a powerful tool but at the same time limited with so many basic features. It amazes me Hubspot limitations.

jeremypyles
Participant

I wouldn't consider this issue solved (IMHO...).

It is scary to me that any CRM user can view anyone else's dashboard in Hubspot Sales.

This has huge privacy issues with lower-level users being able to see my Dashboard and all sales and financial data.

Ummm....this is a huge oversight.

The workarounds are:

1. Not have any dashboards or reporting (not really a good idea...)

2. Disable user from Hubspot CRM access (what's the point then of a CRM if users can't use it?)

3. Restrict access to only contacts OWNED - this is a huge kludgey workaround and hides critical financial information from a Dashboard but doesn't hide the Dashboard and doesn't allow a CRM user to view/edit contacts they don't own but may need to interact with on behalf of some other CRM user.

SOLUTION:

Please give the ability to have Dashboard Permissions!

Not everyone in the company should have access/visibility into everyone else's charts, graphs, financial pipelines and deals...

We hold these truths to be self-evident.

Jeremy

liang
Participant

This would definitely be a great feature. I've been also using the CRM for managing our recruiting pipeline and it would be awkward to then have the people we hire view info and notes on the rest of the candidates. 

mhamm77

Our B2B2B company has seperate pipelines for selling product lines, partners, customer research, and fundraising - so limiting pipeline access by team would be a very beneficial feature for us and I suspect many organizations that want to centralize such activities and analysis.

dblock
Participant

Absolutely there is a need for this. 

Kimmo1

We have also need for this, managing country specific pipelines. Please implement pipeline specific access control. Thanks in advance!

Balazs

I like HubSpot, but the lack of access control here forces you to consider other tools. In a company where there are more sales people you will likely need access control. Quite bad that this is not implemented, which is there in many other tools. 

philipp

This feature is totally what we need.  Please work on access controls, quickly!!!

Here is why: I my company we deal with sales to clients and with investors that we keep relations with. For both we have a pipeline: Sales and Investores.

I don't want my sales team to be able to read through the contacts and companies from the investment side. So they should not see the contacts, deals etc. which I own. Ont the other hand I also deal with our top clients from the sales side. Here I do want my sales team to be able to thecontacts, deals etc. which I own.

With the current set of access permissions there is no solution for this. 

jasonparkinson
Member | Diamond Partner

We really need this as well.

markdavis

We really need this as well.

mwahlers

We could use this feature as well. Please consider

jon_rezendes

This would represent a huge feature or functionality that my company would love to use. We too would like to separate our deal flow pipeline from our potential investment or capital pipeline or even when dealing with customers that could potentially be sensitive (government, healthcare, defense). Thanks for considering. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hardly needed feature !