Restrict User access only to a Pipeline

Hi,

Is it possible to restrict permissione to a user so that he only sees the Pipeline I want?

cheers

MS

HubSpot updates
19 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @MS here is a comprehensive guide on HubSpot's User Roles & Permissions - I'd reccommend bookmarking this for future reference

For reference here is a brief breakdown:

Screen Shot 2017-04-24 at 15.13.25.png

Please note: Users with a View permissions setting of Owned Only will only be presented with contact records for which they are assigned as the HubSpot Owner within the Contacts dashboard, All Contacts, and Lists in the Sales and Marketing product; however, they can still view a contact that is not owned by them if they are sent a direct link to the contact. 

Community Manager
Community Manager

Reviewing the above, it is not possible to restrict users by specific pipelines, but I would reccommend post things as feature request on oir Ideas Forum: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/idb-p/HubSpot_Ideas

deroticllc
Occasional Contributor

I think being able to restrict users to specific pipelines is a great idea, and should be considered as a new option. I found this thread looking for answers about the same thing. Thank you-

jeremypyles
Regular Contributor

I wouldn't consider this issue solved (IMHO...).

It is scary to me that any CRM user can view anyone else's dashboard in Hubspot Sales.

This has huge privacy issues with lower-level users being able to see my Dashboard and all sales and financial data.

Ummm....this is a huge oversight.

The workarounds are:

1. Not have any dashboards or reporting (not really a good idea...)

2. Disable user from Hubspot CRM access (what's the point then of a CRM if users can't use it?)

3. Restrict access to only contacts OWNED - this is a huge kludgey workaround and hides critical financial information from a Dashboard but doesn't hide the Dashboard and doesn't allow a CRM user to view/edit contacts they don't own but may need to interact with on behalf of some other CRM user.

SOLUTION:

Please give the ability to have Dashboard Permissions!

Not everyone in the company should have access/visibility into everyone else's charts, graphs, financial pipelines and deals...

We hold these truths to be self-evident.

Jeremy

liang
New Contributor

This would definitely be a great feature. I've been also using the CRM for managing our recruiting pipeline and it would be awkward to then have the people we hire view info and notes on the rest of the candidates. 

jasonparkinson New Contributor | Gold Partner
New Contributor | Gold Partner

We really need this as well.

markdavis
New Contributor

We really need this as well.

mwahlers

We could use this feature as well. Please consider

chapoblan
Visitor

Hardly needed feature !

Shipleyp

Agree, strong need to have certain users not see the big deals and sales channels that do not relate to them, please buil dability to restrict by pipeline or at least make the teams feature editable on contacts, not inherited from the owner

timarits
New Contributor

Really needed!

rgriss
New Contributor

+1

Loic
New Contributor

+1

pjozefak
Visitor

Yes, why is this still something that hasn't been resolved. We absolutely need permissions at pipeline level.

worapin
New Contributor

+1

I seem this request from 2017 and still not be implemented Smiley Mad

HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Would love to see this feature! 

matteo_tsm

Really needed!

lizzienom
New Contributor

Really needed for when working with a partner... i.e. can only show deals that you're both involved in. 

Advokatix
Occasional Contributor

+1
Is needed!

Also other workarounds do not work, I tried to create two accounts and send the Info wich should be shared throu api put and pull but as usual its a workaround and couses so many problems.