HubSpot Ideas

MG

Restrict Editing of Certain Properties and View history of User Edits

Currently if a user has access to edit one contact's property, they have access to edit all contact properties.

We have the ability to restrict a user from creating or deleting properties but it would be incredibly helpful to restrict the editing of certian properties.

We have employees who need access to edit basic property fields on a contact's profile (name, phone number....etc) however there are other properties we don't want them to touch which may affect conversions, sales, or customer relations - currently we cannot restrict this.

What's worse is there's no means of checking (other than one by one contact by contact). It would be helpful if we could run a report that says  Show me every time USER 1 edited the PHONE NUMBER property on all contacts system wide.

1. Restrict certain users from editing certain property fields on a contact's profile
  2. View a history of when users edit certain contact properties.
104 Commentaires
KSheppy
Membre

This is a MUST! We have integrations and workflows tied to several properties now and humans are just not-to-be-trusted! Hubspot needs to have property-level permissions that the Super Admin only can edit.

Genccalla
Membre

Use case: I have two sales teams. One supports the other and needs access to certain properties/data from the other teams records but for security reasons we don't want that team to see things like names and contact info. 

TheresaB
Participant | Partenaire solutions Diamond

MUCH NEEDED

Statut mis à jour : In Beta
Dylan
Équipe de développement de HubSpot

Hello HubSpot Community, 

Thank you as always for your continued feedback, it helps us build a great product. We recognize the value that field level permissions can bring and I’m excited to let you know that this is officially in beta for Enterprise users. Our solution will give administrators the ability to prevent a field from being edited by any given set of users or teams. At this point, the product does not allow admins to “hide” values.

If you are interested in becoming an early beta user and have an Enterprise subscription of any account please send me a direct message. Otherwise, we do expect this to be released to all Enterprise accounts in the near future. 

NickyBennett
Membre

This would be really helpful 

romainlapeyre
Membre

+1

NCO
Contributeur de premier rang

The Astros beat the Dodgers in the world series.

The shooting in Las Vegas.

Harvey Weinstein was accused.

A 500-year old Leonardo da Vinci painting was sold for $450 million at an auction.

All of this took place in October 2017, the same time this thread was started Smiley indifférent

samueljturner
Participant

@Dylan - is this a feature that has been designed to stay in Enterprise? I.e; this won't be coming to Professional and below level accounts? Do you only need one of your hubs to be at Enterprise level to unlock it?

sarahw
Contributeur

Any updates here? This feature is a must.

ctyriver
Contributeur

Excellent news to report on this front... this is in beta right now! Users and teams configurable visibility for Company/Contact/Deal/Ticket property fields. Thanks for listening HubSpot... this is why we’re all with you. Orange is my favorite color today for sure.

NCO

@ctyriver 

Thanks for chiming in - any idea as to how we can opt in to this beta?

Thanks,

Noah

rtruncale

Its a shame it is only for Enterprise. We pay a lot for Sales and Marketing Professional and expect to have this basic feature as well. Really bummed there....

sarahw
Contributeur

@NCO  contact @Dylan, I hope I tagged the right Dylan (his response is on Page 2).

NCO

Thanks @sarahw !

That response must have slipped by - appreciate it.

adodge
HubSpot Employee

This is essential, especially for properties that factor into calculating commissions.

Statut mis à jour : Delivered
Dylan
Équipe de développement de HubSpot

Hello HubSpot community, 

Thank you all for your continued valuable feedback. I'm excited to let you all know that this feature is now live in all accounts with an Enterprise subscription of any kind. We put together a blog post running down the details which you can find here. We also have a HubSpot Knowledge Base article that explains the product in more detail. 

As always, we built this with your businesses in mind. So, please keep the ideas and feedback coming, they are the most valuable inputs we have into helping you grow better!

ndwilliams3
Conseiller clé

Woke up to find field permissions as a new feature this morning. Woo hoo! 

Thank you Hubspot.

Alexrott
Contributeur

please make this available for all suscription levels, such a useful feature!

giuliocast
Participant

it's incredible we can't have this essential feature with professional plan.......

GavinL
Participant

good news that we can control who can edit properties - but what if we want to allow edit access to select users for a ticket until it reaches what we consider resolved status, at which time we want to stop any user from editing/modifying the ticket ?

cannot see any mechanism to do this, open to suggestions ?