HubSpot Ideas

MG

Restrict Editing of Certain Properties and View history of User Edits

Currently if a user has access to edit one contact's property, they have access to edit all contact properties.

We have the ability to restrict a user from creating or deleting properties but it would be incredibly helpful to restrict the editing of certian properties.

We have employees who need access to edit basic property fields on a contact's profile (name, phone number....etc) however there are other properties we don't want them to touch which may affect conversions, sales, or customer relations - currently we cannot restrict this.

What's worse is there's no means of checking (other than one by one contact by contact). It would be helpful if we could run a report that says  Show me every time USER 1 edited the PHONE NUMBER property on all contacts system wide.

1. Restrict certain users from editing certain property fields on a contact's profile
  2. View a history of when users edit certain contact properties.
104 Commentaires
tenwall
Membre

+1 times 1,000 -- there are just too many company workflows where certain information is either very sensitive from all eyes or where it needs to be restricted to certain editors.

Statut mis à jour : In Planning
Dylan
Équipe de développement de HubSpot

Hi HubSpot Community, 

Thank you for your continued input and feedback on this issue, we really appreciate it. We're very interested in learning more about the specifics that each of your businesses are facing around this issue, in order for us as a Product Team to build the best solution possible. If you're willing to provide further input, as well as have a conversation with a member of our team about your specific example, we put together this form.

Thank you in advance for your detailed responses, we look forward to hearing from you and building out a solution as well!

- Dylan 

Dylan
Équipe de développement de HubSpot

Additionally, if you'd be willing to spend time talking with us about this specific product idea, feel free to book a time that works best using my meetings link here.

lkolluri
Membre

We would like to have this option as well to set viewing permissions on specific property fields in Hubspot.

ctyriver
Contributeur

This is an essential feature for our ability to sync data with our custom software that our franchises use to run their businesses (many with multiple locations and the need for distinction between them). Without this functionality, we simply cannot do a two-way sync and keep data fresh and clean because record keys in our data cannot change. Additionally (and maybe more "head-scratching-ly") is why can't we do a data sync on multiple HubSpot portals? HubSpot to HubSpot... I am literally begging for a field lock feature!

Igorgb
Participant

+1 !!!!

JustinEverett
Participant

This is an incredibly important feature and I hope that it is not implemented just half way... The questionaire that you've put together makes it seem like we may only get the abiblity to restrict certain profiles or users from editing a field at any point, but it really needs to be more robust than that with the ability to restrict editing conditionally.

Cait_
Participant

This is a HUGE thing for my company. Our CS and Sales teams create our initial company and contact records, but once we convert them to customers, it would be most ideal to be able to lock down a bunch of fields. It would also make deduplication easier for any data admin tasked with keeping the data clean.

Lucinda
Contributeur

Yes please, need to be able to lock address properties on a contact record so that they are only updated in companies.

IvanGuberkov
Membre

With a growing sales team, it's a real challenge to make sure all of the information in the CRM is kept clean and no modifications to essential data happens. It would be great if you can add this feature so we can provide permissions per property or at least disable certain actions like "Deleting Deals"...

nk
Membre

Agreed. We need this option due to prevent reps from updating properties that should be preserved month-over-month and updated only through API updates. 

Caryn
Participant

This would be SO useful for us.

We are looking to keep track of our loyalty points system on Hubspot and we only want certain people to be able to update the number of points on a contact.

NCO
Contributeur de premier rang

Hey Hubspot - any update here?

A much-needed feature that's been on the docket here for over 2 years.

Would love a status update from the product team.

Thanks,

Noah

NCO

Must needed!

ggobin
Membre

I agree with Noah! It would be great to get an update. Seems like a request that many would like and probably many that haven't spoken up about.

NCO

And I agree with @ggobin for his/her support!

Just a little smidgen of attention on this thread would be amazing.

KeeganSmith87
Participant

Need this now. To not have this feature means everyone who deals with customers has access to edit any property because they only need access to edit a phone number.

BastiSchuhl

I absolutely agree with this idea. Being able to fine-tune (editing) permission right at a property level is very important for large companies with severyl HS Users. Would love to see this implemented soon! 

rtruncale

Any traction on this? We need to lock properties from individuals, not teams. 

PaisleyParkELC
Membre

Yes, this is a really important features