HubSpot Ideas

MG

Restrict Editing of Certain Properties and View history of User Edits

Currently if a user has access to edit one contact's property, they have access to edit all contact properties.

We have the ability to restrict a user from creating or deleting properties but it would be incredibly helpful to restrict the editing of certian properties.

We have employees who need access to edit basic property fields on a contact's profile (name, phone number....etc) however there are other properties we don't want them to touch which may affect conversions, sales, or customer relations - currently we cannot restrict this.

What's worse is there's no means of checking (other than one by one contact by contact). It would be helpful if we could run a report that says  Show me every time USER 1 edited the PHONE NUMBER property on all contacts system wide.

1. Restrict certain users from editing certain property fields on a contact's profile
  2. View a history of when users edit certain contact properties.
104 Commentaires
VagaeNatus
Conseiller clé

We need to have permission for some properties to vary depending on the user. Currently available in Hubspot is object level permission (i.e. for each user, define what he can do with all properties of contacts, deals or companies, etc.). We need property level permission (i.e. for each user, define what he can do for each property on contact, deals or companies, etc.)

Use case 1: some contact properties affect how the commission of deals belonging to those contact will be computed. Only users with specific privileges (e.g. managers) should be able to edit the property defining this. Without this available, we are at risk that a sales rep edits this field to increase its commission.

Use case 2: one contact property defines the expected deal value of a deal if one is ever closed. This affects the priority of the contacts. This value is computed outside of Hubspot by analysts and is then mass-uploaded. Hubspot users have no need to be able to edit this value. The same way some properties can only be edited by Hubspot, we need some properties to only be edited by admin / special users.

Note @ Hubspot: 

- Users will need to be grouped, probably in teams. Then permission will be given to a team

- Properties may or may not be grouped into groups having the same permissions.

HubSpotMaster
Conseiller clé | Partenaire solutions Diamond

Upvote again - came across another customer requesting this

Cas
Membre

Agreed 100%. @nicolebrenner Do you have an update on this as there are many upvotes and comments validating this functionality?

lfleck
Participant

Yes I agree. For instance, we would hope we could create and lock an Original Contact owner field as we move contact records to different sales people depending on where they are in the funnel. Obviously, we still want to comp or give merit to those that originally brought in the lead. This is also true for other custom properties we have as we want to capture from the original activity and make that stay the same because the moment the contact record begins doing other activity those properties would change if we created an outmated workflow to attribute certain proerties to populate for new inbound marketing activity. For instance, if a lead becomes a lead because of a tradeshow from the getgo, but then later downloads a form. If we were to create a workflow so that any new inbound lead that fills out, let's say our Demo Request form the workflow would automatically give that new inbound lead Lead Type= Inbound Marketing, Lead Source= web/contact form and Lead Source Name= Web Form- Demo Request. However, this would only be true for those that were new inbound leads, not necesarrily for ones that were already in the system as we wouldn't want those original proerties to change. 

If there was a property lock button so that property can never change unless done so manually via an admin, then that would make the process so much easier. As now for all our landing pages with forms we have to create unique workflows with very advanced branch logic to do this simple task.

tdineen
Membre

Absolutely insane that this can't be done. I have a sales team. I want them to be able to update lead contact information, but I don't want them to be able to steal leads from each other. Come on man!

rtruncale
Contributeur de premier rang

Is this possible yet? I haven't seen a place to lock a property. We want to lock a property from being changed by our sales reps, and to also lock a property after the value has been entered for the first time. 

AAMT
Membre

Upvote!

Herschel
Contributeur de premier rang

+1

rowan-reid
Contributeur

+1

tarkana
Participant

I would also like to cite the need for more granular control of permissions for individual properties.

For instance, I would like to allow users to assign unassigned contacts/companies to themselves, but not to other people. Inadvertently doing so can screw up multiple people as now some users end up with contacts they don't know what they were supposed to be doing with, and the original owner/claimmant cannot access the account since we don't want them to be able to edit each others' accounts.

Also, making certain properties view-only, rather than just broad categories, would be helpful, as I currently need to allow editing to the whole module to permit any editing at all, while there are several fields that should not be edited.

Allowing field-specific permissions would be very helpful so as to not be forced to give users enough rope to hang themselves with.

Jonted
Membre

Please, please implement this idea. its almost a must have feature for HubSpot

JulienO
Participant

This would be very useful for deal properties also!

Manage who can see and who can edit some specific properties or a group of properties

Emmanouil
Participant

I would also like to add that some of the properties we have been updated through an API from our own database. These properties we would like not to be editable by the users.

Exotix
Membre

It there any update about this feature,

This is absolutely essential for permission control in a company.

rstevens
Participant

Another vote here for locking/restricting individual properties. HubSpot overlords, if you're reading this, when you implement this feature please make it available not just for contact properties but for deal properties as well.

ahmadm
Participant

We need this in Saudi Arabia

Sandra_E
Participant

I also agree - we currently have the problem that all users can edit notes. Some of them contain important data and should only be edited by the person who left the note. Is there any update on this? Regarding data and document security as well as our ISO cetification, I think this is a massive problem of HubSpot...

JT_Prism
Participant

We really need some items to be restricted, like Deal "Created Date". I like the ability for admin to edit almost any field, but if someone can view the field, they can edit right now and that's not ideal. 

SiykaM
Participant

We need this as well to track commissions and other sensitive data.

JanOliver
Membre

This is definetly needed - we send contact data from our admin tool to hubspot (via API) and dont want users to have the ability to overwright that information. Changes to that core data should only happen on our side (admin tool) and the changes should be pushed to hubspot as read only.