HubSpot Ideas

izamaripa

Restoring Deleted Reports

Hello, 

I was wondering if we could have a feature to restore a "deleted report". I know this feature exists for deleted contacts, companies, and deals so I think this would be beneficial so I don't have to limit report permissions.

Thanks!

HubSpot Updates
Delivered
February 10, 2023 03:22 PM

Updating this to delivered! Both Dashboards and Reports can be recovered.

For Dashboards, select "Manage Dashboard" from the Dashboard name dropdown and then "Restore deleted dashboards" option is to the left.Restore deleted dashboardsRestore deleted dashboards

For Reports, select "Reports" from the global navgation and then "Restore deleted reports" option is to the left.

Restore deleted reportsRestore deleted reports

If you run into this and something is missing, remember you can only restore dashboards you own!

April 28, 2022 09:27 AM

We heard you 🙂 and we have launched the ability for you to restore deleted reports, learn all about it here in our updated Knowledge Base 

Thank you

Shanker Sahai
Product Manager - Report Management Team at HubSpot

19 Replies
esteeratliff
Contributor

I wish there was a way for deleted reports or dashboards to be recovered either on the frontend of HubSpot by an admin or the backend by technical support.  I purposedly deleted a dashboard. I made sure to UNCHECK the option provided to "delete reports associated with dashboard". When the dashboard was deleted, the system unfortuanately still deleted my reports too. Support says there is no way to recover the reports :-/.  

cvanness
HubSpot Employee

This would be wonderful to have, especially as you are testing out different visualizations, and then realized you liked an old one better 🙂

Juliaovejero

I also think this would be great to have, bottom line, you just need to keep a back up of the filters and data types we selected once, and perhaps even keep it for a max of 3 months available for restoring. As many times people delete other peoples reports by mistake. Thanks!

amiller_ism
Participant

Totally agree. You can very easily delete a report unknowingly as you were trying to create or edit a dashboard. This would be an amazing feature.

VDenysova

Indeed!

FBernardo

This recycle bin for reports and dashboards should be in HubSpot in the first place. Reports and dashboards are as important as company, deal, contact or any records in HubSpot. Deleted reports in the bin for more than 30 days should be permanently deleted, just like the rule in emails.

ThaisCampbell
HubSpot Employee

This idea is essential for our users! We would love to see it on HubSpot (:

RayHoy
Contributor

This is a great idea.

ANguyen2

Yes & yes, please!

JGrimm

Please add a recycle bin to retreive reports or dashboards that may have been accidentially deleted.

MBest1021

Saves time for sales operations if we could retreive these!   

SLlontop

I agree! There should be a period of time to recover the reports and dashboard in case someone delete it by accident, a glitch occurs or any type of scenario. It would be greatly appreciate it

AntonSl

Something similar like deleted deals would be great.

aneng
HubSpot Employee

I think it would be really great if we can restore deleted reports through the platform! Afterall it's quite likely that an accidental deletion might occur and being able to restore those reports would be much quicker!

DKitson
Participant

Definitely needed and surprised not available given you can restore other deleted information. 

ADocio

I also need it!!

SSahai2
HubSpot Product Team

We heard you 🙂 and we have launched the ability for you to restore deleted reports, learn all about it here in our updated Knowledge Base 

Thank you

Shanker Sahai
Product Manager - Report Management Team at HubSpot

JGolden
Participant

Walked into this scenario just this morning.

We have a portfolio level call many times a week that spans our entire organization; this morning just prior to the meeting I find someone has deleted the dashboard (no one should have had these permissions).

Fortunately the reports are still available, but I'll be sinking time into rebuilding the dashboard rather than doing my job & coming prepared to the meeting.

HBoyd
HubSpot Product Team

Updating this to delivered! Both Dashboards and Reports can be recovered.

For Dashboards, select "Manage Dashboard" from the Dashboard name dropdown and then "Restore deleted dashboards" option is to the left.Restore deleted dashboardsRestore deleted dashboards

For Reports, select "Reports" from the global navgation and then "Restore deleted reports" option is to the left.

Restore deleted reportsRestore deleted reports

If you run into this and something is missing, remember you can only restore dashboards you own!