HubSpot Ideas

Jovitha

Restore (or at least a view of ) a previous Form Version

When forms are changed accidentally, this feature would be useful to directly help restore the previous versions (like in Google Sheets), rather than having to identify and, recreate all the 20-30 forms. It is easier when there is only one form to change. But at times when a HubSpot subscription is changed, we could lose a feature and the forms can get automatically modified. In this case, having the ability to at least view, the previous forms would be great. By viewing the previous form version, we know what were the fields, and how they were asked. This will help reduce a lot of work. 

{This is out of my personal experience, we had a change in the subscription, and the forms were all automatically modified. I had to re-create all the forms.}

22 Replies
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner

Agreed. I'll add some of my context here as well:

In bigger organisations it's important to see who made changes and what the change history is. It's not always possible to lock editors down with permissions (due to internal processes) so being able to at least see the history of edits would be crucial.

A second aspect is that it might be necessary to find an earlier version of a consent text of a form during a data privacy audit, for example. These earlier versions are gone and cannot be accessed anymore at the moment.

JSfromWeVideo
Participant

I just realized there's no undo button or restore. I really need this as we change forms a lot with different staff members having edit access.

Ellesyanna
Contributor | Diamond Partner

Very much needed!

BNagilla
Member | Elite Partner

Definitly need this one.

csymphony
Participant

One of our forms was revised and we lost all data captured in the previous version as well. Definitely need this feature! 

BMorrow21

This would be very helpful for us as well. I'm currently looking at a situation where there might have been a name changed on a form, but it's hard to confirm since we have no way of seeing the change history.

DavidVoigt
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

Someone has been messing with our forms and I'm tasked with finding out who did it.

ZRowland

Same as above.   We need the ability to quickly pull back changes if someone makes a mistake.   It takes too much time to recreate a form (particularly if it's progressive) in a live environment.   All the while, our customers are visiting the wrong form and we're not converting them as a result.

SRoberts35

Ditto! We close forms and then need to re-open them. Please add a "restore to past version" 

RachidH

Yes, a restore feature + change history !

rachel79
Participant

Yes, at least a change history so you can review!

Zisty99

honestly astounding this isn't already a feature!

SChamorro

Just a simple form history would be ideal.

MusicMarketer78
Contributor

This would be incredibly helpful for us as we just went back to try and find the original text of the form, but were unable to find it. Please, HubSpot!

Tim_Osborne
Participant

Yes, please!

Because the form permission settings are all or nothing it is a common area where we need to revert back due to a change error. Training can only go so far as to prevent errors. Once a change error does happen a simple revision history would go a long way!

DEnglish6
Participant

Astonished this isn't already a feature. I've upvoted.

ESivertsen1
Participant

Agreed, I'm astonished this is not yet live and I'm having issues right now because of it..

Cheers,

Eivind

MereMcV
Participant

Across all digital platforms that allow virtual collaboration, version history is a MUST. Fabulous that the email editor has an undo button and version history, not fabulous that forms haven't been updated in the same fashion. Word has had an undo button since the 90's, I'm shocked the form editor was designed without one. 

becs

Hi, also wanted to add my input here 🙂 We really need this. 

We made a change to our forms which was needed, updating what happens when you submit a form (was previously a thank you message, now is redirected to a URL). However we need to know what the message was previously, because our tracking was looking for specific phrases and we've found that some forms had slightly different messaging and need to update our tracking accordingly. We can't do that until we know what phrases were on each form individually; a version history would fix this in seconds.

Heather_Hodge

we need this! trying to find out what modification was made! I can see when and who, but not the what!