HubSpot Ideas

sarahg1

Responding to form submissions directly from email

Hello! In our old online system, when a customer submitted a form on our website to place a service call or order supplies, the email notification that went to our team allowed them to hit "reply" and respond directly to the customer who filled out the form. As in, the sent from would include the person's email. Is there any way to do that for those specific forms? Right now the emails are coming from Hubspot, so hitting 'reply' just emails back to Hubspot.

This feature would allow sales/service people to personally follow up with the customer directly from the email notification, and would allow them to confirm appointments, ask questions, or provide any other details.

25 Replies
KBen

+1

This seems like a pretty big miss from a functionality perspective. It essentially silos forms from every other type of communication with customers. They should definitely be integrated into the inbox.

Slixer

I'm having trouble wrapping my head around it. One has to reply to the notification of submitted form, cut and paste client email and change the subject. In Hubspot, when viewing submitted forms there's no way to simply respond to the specific submitted form either.

I'm going to look at Auto-Reply as a possibility, then the human can reply-all to that sent one? 

Anyhow, it's a P.I.T.A.

edutechno
Participant

+1 

Really need this! The form should have the "Reply-To" header configured with the user email. I almost always want to reply to people directly from the "New submission on HubSpot Form" email received. But everytime, I'm just writing back to "noreply@hubspot.com".

smithjl
Participant

I absolutely need this. We switched to Help Scout for our support and customer success communication because HubSpot's support options are too basic. Help Scout is a certified app partner so I thought the integration would be pretty solid. It is except that our form submissions (using a HubSpot form) still come in from noreply@hubspot.com so I have to manually update each ticket with the email from the actual customer in order for the integration between Help Scout and HubSpot to work. This is just crazy. 

EVERY web form tool I've used allows for a form submission notification to come from the actual sender, except HubSpot. I know they've rolled out an option now where notifications coming into a Hubspot Conversation inbox can be replied to, but I'm paying for an enterprise package and expect more flexibility here. Heck, this functionality should be available on a basic plan. 

j3vr0n

I agree, this has prevented us from migrating our form submissions from Zendesk to Hubspot directly. Assigning the requests in Hubspot is acceptable, but email responses should have the capability to integrate with the "reply-to" token to the inbox in Hubspot to make this usable in any form with the Marketing Hub package.

jasonashaw
Contributor

THIS IS AN ABSOLUTE MUST. It would save a tremendous amount time for us if we could simply just reply to the hubspot email and have it go to the submitter's address instead of hubspot.

NCastelli

I thought maybe replying to the hubspot email address would e-mail the customer via Hubspot - wrong.  Then, I thought maybe I had to log in to Hubspot and there would be a reply function there - wrong again.  Then, I thought maybe someone was playing a prank on me that I had to copy and paste all this info over into a new e-mail - wrong a third time.  Is this an upsell??  Wrong 4 times.  It's designed this way.  Someone please tell me I'm missing something???

jasonashaw
Contributor

THIS WOULD BE A HUGE IMPROVEMENT. It is so inefficient right now as form submissions come to us as emails from Hubspot. We have to create a new email to respond.  The form submission should come to us as an email from the customer that we can just reply to, this way the customer has all the context of their original question and it would save time for our staff. As it is now, we need to copy and write information from the submission and create a new email which is time consuming.

kapilp

Also need this. Were sending form submissions using amazon ses using notifications@mycompany.com and when I hit reply, the email goes back to notifications@mycompany.com and not to the reply to email address which is the form submitters email address.

YiRui_Chua
HubSpot Employee

Hi team,

Commenting for a customer here.

Understanding we recently set up  form integration with conversation inbox; sometimes within a form we will have an email field. It would be really great if we can give customers the option to reply to that email field instead of the standard automated email address.

Thanks!

MarianaDelgado

@YiRui_Chua 

Can you tell me more about the integration of forms with the inbox?

MWeinstein

Has there been a resolution to this because this is a really big flaw that requires too much extra work around.

Thanks,

Marcie

Ozk
Participant

Following.

A big gap in HubSpot's offering.

What's the purpose of the email notification that a form submission is available if I can't respond to that form submission? It sounds like a simple automation so I don't understand why it takes HubSpot years to respond to this feature request. Just a big cloud for me on the usefullness of HubSpot's forms in entirety TBH.

DavidLyon
Participant

Following.

Same as above. As others have stated when recieving contact via a form I always want to reply to the customer not back to our own/hubspots email.

Still looking for a workaround for now, but will have to look at something else if a solution isn't found.

Flow1
Participant

Theres a partial workaround that we use where form messages are sent to our Converstaion Inbox and our support team can directly respond from the inbox.

Settings > Inbox > Inboxes > Connect a channel > Forms

What this doesnt solve for us is we want certain form messages to be sent to certain users email inbox so they can directly respond

GMLM2

The best/quickest workaround I've found for this is to click "Forward" on the email submission, then add their email in to the reply + edit the subject line accordingly and then you can type your response above the form submission when responding. Hope this helps. 

ASamborski

I'm grateful I found this thread as I was getting increasingly frustrated with this issue. I implemented Flow1's workaround and then set up the HubSpot fallback email in the same settings panel. After that, I replied to a test form submission from my website via my gmail account and it sent back to the test email no problem and logged the response in the test contact's profile. I'm sure this isn't much help as I'm not sure which part was the catalyst, but there does seem to be a solution. Problem solved on my end (without having to operate out of the conversations panel), keep playing around!

BAguda

Bumping. Its been years, can we please get this fixed Hubspot?

AVincent9
Participant

Very frustrating. Any movement or work arounds? I found that if you click on the conversations tab little square icon with the arrow, it opens the ticket in an inbox view in a new window with the ability to reply but this is kinda clunky. A simple reply would be amazing.

AMjasojedovs8

same