HubSpot Ideas

dhika

Reset landing page analytics

Hi,

When we're creating landing pages, we always test the entire flow/mechanics to make sure all connected assets are working properly e.g. workflow, form leading to the right thank you page, etc.

I already excluded my home and office IP address and also all of our agencies' IP adderesses to analytics, but somehow, the LP still captures my submissions submitted from my office.

So would be great if there's a way to remove internal submissions to make sure the analytics report the clean data. Or perhaps a way to reset analytics post testing.

A workaround I'm thinking right now would be to clone the landing page once it passed the QA but then I realized, all "connected assets" won't be working. Besides, cloning will also give a room for human error again.

24 Replies
merlince

Absolutely agree. I'm having the exact same issues right now.

filipg
Contributor

Agreed, it should be easy to reset a landing page stats. 

Charmaine
Participant

I have this same issue. I hope they fix this soon. It would be great to reset the analytics on any page with the click of a button.

adanaei

Yes please. Having the ability to rest the landing page analytics will be very helpful, especially when setting up for A/B experiment.

Louis
Participant

I have the same issue

mitchlee

Can this be done? We need to do this as well.

Nikboe
Participant

Agree!

bendonahower
Guide | Diamond Partner

Use +skipform@hubspot.com in the email address (the other fields don't matter), it won't register the conversion, and you'll be able to test what happens when the form is submitted.

joelpacheco
Participant

@bendonahower It would work only for submissions. What about pageviews?

I wonder if this is something that will ever happen. Testing always messes up all my metrics and dashboards; technically, it shouldn't be super hard to implement for Hubspot - and not doing testing is not an option.

Thanks in advance.

DustinThomas

Agreed. This needs to happen!

Absolut

YES

Espinal
Participant

This is absolutelly needed. I regret this is about 2 years being post it and no solution yet.

JDuijn

Also looking for this option....is *bump* still allowed in 2021?

RFernandes

This should be a standard process, because the amount of testi ng that might occur, it is redundant to have an inflated number on page analytics.

ChristianLipp
Contributor

Yes, make it happen, HubSpot!

CarlChicago

Yes, please make this happen HS.

It would be great if Hubspot recognized and disqualified any actions from a test email (i.e. page views, form fills, length of time on page, etc.).

busdav
Participant

Definitely need this!

bendonahower
Guide | Diamond Partner

@joelpacheco you could use a preview link and submit the form on the preview link to address the page view. you can also exclude ip addresses. 

others, please see how to test forms without registering a conversion here https://www.noboundsdigital.com/blog/how-to-test-forms-in-hubspot

Damien
Contributor | Elite Partner

Agree this should be an option for landing pages, such as "Reset page analytics". 

There is a workaround though:

When the page is completed and ready for launch, clone the page. Then go back to the original page and copy the URL to your clipboard, then edit the URL to be something random and update the page. 

Now go to your NEW cloned page and edit the URL, copying from your clipboard, replacing the URL with the one you were using on the original page, and which will be your final live URL. Save/update the page. 

This basically replaces your "test" page with a new cloned version that has the same URL but has all fresh analytics. 

ChristianLipp
Contributor

Good tip @Damien! I use this as well when preparing updates pages but wanting to remain with the same URL.