HubSpot Ideas

TheeRichard

Reset default contact and company field order for all users

It would be nice to be able to reset the default property orders for all users under contacts, companies and deals.

Some of our people set unique property field orders but we recently made some changes in the fields. Now, we have to update about 50 fields one by one for all users with unique field order.

It would be nice to have a button under the field settings to reset field order.

35 Replies
auto_mate
Contributor

Yes, this. 

Having the default properties as mandatory properties in each user's contact/company/deals view is great... but after 6 years of this Hubspot instance... I really want admin rights to reset all my users' views to the (new) defaults.

Reordering all those fields user-by-user, what on skype or with the credentials... argh!

There must be an easier better way! 

Jarman
Participant

This has also been a requirement at our company.

During the first few months of implemenation, there was significant debate about the default fields and I have been asked to change the fields several times. Although we have <30 staff at the moment, the change was managable. However, I could foresee this would be a major barrier for larger organisations.

Fortunately, it appears that users who have not previously modified the properties will just follow the admin defaults. I am hoping this will be the majority of the users.

TheeRichard. You have my vote.

catan
HubSpot Employee

I think this feature would be very helpful! When users first start out with HubSpot, many are not aware that the individual settings override portal-wide settings, so once they start playing around with it, administrators are then no longer able to control what the users see. 

TheeRichard
Member | Partner

I agree with it. It's an extremely overlooked feature. CRM admins should be able to control the fields that their employees see in their tools.

Warwick

Seems an obvious idea to incorporate

anams

We need this too!! 

douwe
Participant

I would've thought this is standard functionality. So yes - we need this!

catan
HubSpot Employee

Hi @TheeRichard! We do have this feature now – there is a Reset to account defaults button, that you can see in the View all properties section of contact records.

Our guide here explains this in detail 🙂 https://knowledge.hubspot.com/contacts/select-properties-to-show-under-the-about-section-in-a-record

Would this work for you, or were you perhaps looking for something else? 

Screen Shot 2020-01-14 at 9.15.47 PM.png

JoshChin

@catan is there a way to "Reset to account defaults" for all contacts/companies/deals in the entire account?

catan
HubSpot Employee

@JoshChin Yup, just go into a contact record > click on the Reset to account defaults button. Then repeat the same process for in a Company record and Deal record.

Lucinda
Contributor

@catan I believe what we're all asking for an admin reset button that resets the view for every user on Hubspot. The button you have referenced only seems to change it for the user that is selecting it. 

TheeRichard
Member | Partner

Yeap, I don't think any user can reset the view for any other user but as soon as someone resets their view, all future changes will be applied. That's a good start.

Winqvist
Contributor

I can understand that some users would not appreciate if you changed their custom view from an admin perspective. But let's say that you as an admin changes the default view, then all users using the default view will get the update and users with a custom view could get a notification to update if they like?

jsimpson1
Participant

Please. Any new properties that we add take quite a bit of time to manually ask the team to update to the new view.

CGooley
Participant | Elite Partner

Barrier for us as well. 

Jord2000
Participant

Would love for there to be a 'Reset All Contact/Company Properties' button. As mentioned above, when I'm adding/changing properties it's far too time-consuming to go through thousands of records and update them. 

ØKyllevik

Same problem here, we need a possibility to update all views in one go. 

Magnetic

We definitely need this. HubSpot please make it happen!

MBridgers
Participant

This is such a no-brainer! As an admin, this is a HUGE hinderance when rolling out new fields. Not only the company and the contact, but all objects with fields! 

Kristiina

Blocker for us too, even if we ask sales reps to update this for themselves, they forget. So we need a possibility for an admin to go an overwrite this, either as proposed above (so those with custom views could get a notification) or just a hard update for all users nevertheless. The minimum there should be a small popup for all users in any cases we update the default views which could say "your admin updated the default view, would you like to update yours to mirrir that" or something similar.

Please let us know if you have anything coming up to help with this.