HubSpot Ideas

BjornAndersson

Reset Ticket ID numberseries or create our own

Hi

Our current Ticket ID number series are 9 digits long, if at any point we have to relay on this number to identify an issue the chanses it will be missread is significant.

Would be great if we could reset it to start from 1 again or if we could create our own with ticket ID:s relating to products or projects based on letter and/or number combinations.

Best Regards

Björn A

5 Replies
RonPedersen

Yes. The possibility to create own ticket numberseries would be great.

SDownie

I agree....ticket numbers are now 10 digits long!! its far too long.  i am shocked you cannot reset these numbers on a company per company basis.  Hubspot really has ignored so many useful things in their service section. Not user friendly. 

KScheidt

I second this notion. Ticket numbers are too long and they are not closely sequential. There can be 1,000,000 ticket number difference within only a few hundred actual, new tickets. Ticket numbers should be sequencial for our company and not every company using hubspot.

JHuisman8
Participant

Just discovered this myself and this is a huge challenge when working support. At minimum it would be great if the search functionality had some wildcard function so you could search by last 4 or 5 digits of the ticket ID. That would be a huge help in itself. 

VPetkova10

I believe the only reason why this feature has not generated hundreds of upvotes here is the fact that most of the companies that faced this challenge simply gave up on Hubspot. It's close to madness to provide reports to the customers and discuss the technical issues they have faced and display these crazy X-digits IDs...