HubSpot Ideas

abowman3d

Major Improvements Needed for Hubspot Scoring

Please upvote this idea!

Current Hubspot scoring is severally lacking compared to its competitors. Hubspots scoring issues are so large that I would strongly warn anyone from choosing Hubspot until they fixed how they score Contacts.

1.) Allow the Hubspot Score to be completely be reset. Right now you can only give negative criteria which causes a bunch of different issues.

2.) Make it possible for new scoring rules, or changes to existing scoring rules, only effect Contacts going forward. If you change a lead scoring criteria, it will retroactively update all your records. If you have any sort of automation associated with the Lead Scoring, such as a head off process from Marketing to Sales, this causes a huge nightmare. Scoring changes should occur FREQUENTLY based on feedback from Sales or conversion analytics. Right now its very difficult to make any changes to scoring because of this limitation.

3.) Show scoring for individual line items within the Contact's Detail Screen and within the Hubspot / Salesforce Visualforce component. Having to "Test" a Contact against your scoring rules is time consuming and inefficient. No one wants to scroll through a giant list of criteria to see if a specific Contact meets a criteria. 

4.) Change the way scoring occurs so more generic rules can be set. If you have a new Webinar, whitepaper, etc you're basically forced to create an entire new scoring rule for that specific campaign. You could do it based on a "Type" of campaign or some other Salesforce field, but then you face the issue of creating separate rules for every time the Contact meets the criteria. For example say you have a rule that says if Type = Webinar, give the Contact 10 points... well that works for the first time they meet the criteria. If you want them to be scored for each time they watch a new webinar based on a type field, you're forced to duplicate the scoring rule and specify that they've watched a webinar 2 or more times. The same goes for email clicks. If you want a Contact to be scored for every email click, and not just the first time they meet the criteria, you will have to duplicate the rule out several times and specify within the rule that they've clicked a link at least 2+ times.

These are just a few of the major issues I've faced when creating a scoring process within Hubspot. It needs a lot of work.

142 Comentarios
joelvincent
Miembro

+1 - resetting the HubSpot score to ZERO once the SDR team has exhausted their efforts and kicked it back into "nuture" is extremely important. 

KatjaHinrichsen
Miembro

+1 here. I really need it. 

Kira
Miembro

+1!!!

atrapp
Miembro

This has been an issue for some time now. Please fix it Hubspot!!

ClariceGr
Miembro

+1 for us too! This would be a lifesaver. 

shaebert
Colaborador

Any updates from Hubspot?

bens1
Miembro

Upvoted.

I just ran into this problem as well as I was trying to set up lead scoring for the first time. 

I contacted HubSpot support and they said they still have no plan in place for implementing this. I used to love HubSpot but I'm becoming increasingly disappointed in them. They seem to make lots of changes that people don't want and aren't taking important and simple things like this into consideration.

allieccollins
Colaborador

@bens1 preach! I'm ready to see them make existing features more viable, instead of adding new ones. Scoring and Chatflows are examples of features that just really aren't ready for prime time and need more attention.

cursu
Colaborador

I was afan of this idea but in the mean time changed my mind.

Scoring is very company specific - score 0 doesn't mean actually anything.  Depends where your treshhold is for turing the leads to Sales Qualified or other things you are using the score for. We implemented aging and that works pretty well. We are looking at:

- email sends - have not opened last 5 emails

- age older than 4 weeeks, 8 weeks, 12 weeks , etc - keep subtracting points

- views certain pages that indicate that they are not the audience we think they are... for ex. login pages if not applicable to prospects

bens1
Miembro

@cursu 

What do you do then if after 12 weeks and they lost a lot of points, the timing is now right for them and they started visiting your site again and interacting with your emails? 

Since they have such a low or negative score after some time, the sales team won't realize they are a hot/warm lead because they still have negative points even though they are now ready to buy. Have you found a good way to get around this issue?

cursu
Colaborador

@bens1 

we actually go all the way to 1 year... not just 12 weeks. Mostly for leads that are unassigned.

For positive points we score positively site visits, email opens, email clicks, interactions.

For leads that are assigned and reenegage you can have a workflow in the background looking for this behaviour and notifing the contact owner when desired behaviour happens. We do not need this at this point but I can see that it can be useful.

I would look at your assignment process, if a lot of your leads are assigned but not ready maybe something needs to be tweaked there.

TerryB
Colaborador

We are quite a large user when is comes to lead scoring and we are close to outgrowing hubspot capabilities, and staying within the total recommended lead scoring rules.

For example:

Our ideal scenario would be to setup generic CTA with a score of say 10 points.

Then use this same CTA across 10 different campaigns

If the contact clicks all 10 we would like their score to be 100 points.

At the moment to achieve this we would need to setup 10 different rules.

If there can be a 'Multi-score' option per rule that would be very good

Jpbsalibe
Colaborador

Would be awesome to have this functionality

kmoening
Miembro

Agreed! This is certainly a use case for us.

Mark_Beaumont
Participante

+1 need this!

Jamila-lawal
Participante

Have the improvements been made since this discussion?

RachelleSYD
Participante

Upvoted. How can you configure a proper B2B lead lifecycle without a plan to recycle leads using a re-set of the lead score? Super fundamental in all of HubSpot marketing automation platform competitors. Please, HubSpot, get with the program and save our sanities! This, on top of a pandemic? 😱 

quesada
Miembro

I fully agree with this idea specially in Item#4

cketelaar
Miembro

as our approach to inbound marketing is evolving, so is our lead scoring mechanism. However, the updated lead scoring property results in a lot of contacts with old scoring values. based on our new workflows these contacts end up in various places in our process. A simple reset, which in my view can be done when the lead scoring properties and its rules are edited, should fix this. Also, a button on the property to reset or re-calculate the property for all contacts (or a select group) would be ideal. (otherwise I would have to fake an edit to kick off the reset) 

In addition: a reset should either;

- recalculate the lead score value based on the new rules and the exisiting activities on a contacts timeline. effectively this means a new value is set immediately based on the configured lead scoring rules of the lead score property.

- set the lead score value to zero, so without re-calcularting the score using the exisiting activitites on a contact's timeline, it should calculate future activities only.

MarionTonard
Miembro

Scorer lorsqu'un contact OUVRE un email (n'importe quel mailing)

Scorer lorsqu'un contact CLIC sur un email (n'importe quel mailing)