HubSpot Ideas

abowman3d

Major Improvements Needed for Hubspot Scoring

Please upvote this idea!

Current Hubspot scoring is severally lacking compared to its competitors. Hubspots scoring issues are so large that I would strongly warn anyone from choosing Hubspot until they fixed how they score Contacts.

1.) Allow the Hubspot Score to be completely be reset. Right now you can only give negative criteria which causes a bunch of different issues.

2.) Make it possible for new scoring rules, or changes to existing scoring rules, only effect Contacts going forward. If you change a lead scoring criteria, it will retroactively update all your records. If you have any sort of automation associated with the Lead Scoring, such as a head off process from Marketing to Sales, this causes a huge nightmare. Scoring changes should occur FREQUENTLY based on feedback from Sales or conversion analytics. Right now its very difficult to make any changes to scoring because of this limitation.

3.) Show scoring for individual line items within the Contact's Detail Screen and within the Hubspot / Salesforce Visualforce component. Having to "Test" a Contact against your scoring rules is time consuming and inefficient. No one wants to scroll through a giant list of criteria to see if a specific Contact meets a criteria. 

4.) Change the way scoring occurs so more generic rules can be set. If you have a new Webinar, whitepaper, etc you're basically forced to create an entire new scoring rule for that specific campaign. You could do it based on a "Type" of campaign or some other Salesforce field, but then you face the issue of creating separate rules for every time the Contact meets the criteria. For example say you have a rule that says if Type = Webinar, give the Contact 10 points... well that works for the first time they meet the criteria. If you want them to be scored for each time they watch a new webinar based on a type field, you're forced to duplicate the scoring rule and specify that they've watched a webinar 2 or more times. The same goes for email clicks. If you want a Contact to be scored for every email click, and not just the first time they meet the criteria, you will have to duplicate the rule out several times and specify within the rule that they've clicked a link at least 2+ times.

These are just a few of the major issues I've faced when creating a scoring process within Hubspot. It needs a lot of work.

142 Commentaires
kshayne
Participant

For a company the size and scope of Hubspot I find it sad that customers have to recommend features that already are well established in competitor products. 

There should be individuals (team) dedicated to product comparison and feature creation at Hubspot to ensure that they keep up with and ahead of competitors. Frustrating. 

p-ujet
Membre

This should be such a simple feature to add - I am amazed at how this is not possible at all (as someone who comes from the Marketo world). 

cwelch
Participant

This is the second position I've had where this function is needed. Please take a look at this guys, it's clearly essential for many of your customers. Thanks.

jessieabby
Membre

I'd like to echo others in this thread. It is essential that we are able to reset the score for a Contact without the need for negative scoring. Eloqua and Pardot offer this feature. 

Is there any movement on this, Hubspot?

Alexberthou
Membre

+1. We are currently struggling to reset all our Hubspot scores back to zero via negative attributes and it is so much pain. With Pardot it was so easy. 

Francis_ZIVVER
Participant

Important feature to have! Here is our use case:

The specific use case is that we use Hubspot blog, landing pages, website, email etc to engage and covert leads. This is how the build op the Hubspot score. In our case, MQL is above 10 and SQL is above 20 points. A lead goes to sales and a deal is made. Sometimes organisations have no budget, choose another competitor or other reasons why this deal isn't closed. The deal is moved to lost or inactive. The contacts with this deal will also no longer be active in the funnel, so therefor you want to clear the Hubspot score. There are certainly not SQL anymore, so that i can change to Lead. Would be very weird to have a Lead with a HS score of 30 points for example. Reporting is also scewed.

Also (and this is te most important part) you want to know when a lead becomes active again. Say this leads starts to download content again or visits the site more often, he or she becomes MQL again. Might be because now there is a sense of urgency or budget or they are not that happy with their current solution... When you don't clear the Hubspot score, there is no easy automated way to see how interested the lead is in ZIVVER. The best part of the Hubspot score is that you can automate tasks, workflows and properties with this. Which you can no longer use because the score is out of proportion.

lasselautsuo
Membre

Agree with all the previous comments in terms of needing a way to do this. If not in the lead score function then at least through a workflow or even through the API.

The only resolution for this right now seems to be to create a custom property and use that as the main lead score. Which kind of is like paying for nothing when it comes to HubSpot's own lead score mechanism.

martint
Membre

One nice feature would also to be able to create a list of prospects whose score has increased the most over a period of time. This allows you to identify the most active prospects.

We would just need to have a filter on "lead scoring" for "increase in score"

cursu
Contributeur

Agreed. We need the ability to age the Hubspot score. If the lead did not engage for x time, subtract points. Right now the only way to add negative points to the scoring is  if  user visits certain pages. When setting up workflows, Hiubspot score is not available to increment or not... 

Why should be forced to implament a paralel scoring system with a new custom score field? Doesn't really make sense.

SpencerG
Participant

Yes all of this please. Turns our scoring is super annoying right now. Just ran into literally all of these problems. 

willsmith
Conseiller clé | Partenaire solutions Diamond

Yes! This would be extremely helpful rather than dealing with negative scoring. Resetting the score would allow for more accuracy. Make this happen, please. 

allieccollins
Contributeur

Hubspot's lead scoring is basically garbage without being able to reset scores. I've used a lot of marketing automation tools, like Pardot and Act-On, and all of them have this capability. 

Can someone advise on whether this is coming? 

SdPounders
Participant

I see that HS moderators have replied saying changes are coming, but do we know when or what types of changes are coming?

zgrayson
Participant

This is something that I feel like is still very much needed for Hubspot Score. 

Noelle
Membre

Has anyone found a solution here?

I am in the middle of implementing back-to-back instances and am dumb-founded that this functionality is not available. 

Why wouldn't Hubspot allow the value of the field to be cleared by a workflow? 

jebcashin
Participant

One idea is to create custom properties for a Score YYYY. You end up with a growing list of annual buckets of scoring:

Score 2020

Score 2019

Score 2018

This is a way of "resetting" to zero periodically as well as maintaining annual score history. Requires workflows to be updated once a year. (You could also consider quarterly: Score 2020-Q1.)

joelvincent
Membre

+1 on this. Seems dumb not to be able to reset it.

GayanG
Participant

Lead scoring should be able to work off of calculations. 

Taking an example, I should be able to say "For each email open 2 points" rather than having to hardcode "email opens = 1, then 2 points... email opens = 2 then 4 points.... etc)

abowman3d
Membre

Just as a quick update to my original post. 

When we engaged with our Hubspot CSM about a year ago, she mentioned that they intended the Hubspot scoring model to be a relative scoring model that is always out of 100 points, and to have specific actions that would qualify a lead... rather than using the Hubspot score itself to qualify.

As an example you can set ranges where 1-3 email clicks = 5 points, 3-6 email clicks = 10 points, etc. You can also set time decay logic to your scoring rules where the score decreases the longer they don't interact with Marketing material. 

The score under this model would basically just be a data point for your Sales team, rather than something you could use to qualify leads. Instead you would have to have specific call-to-actions that qualify Leads regardless of their score, I.E. when they fill out a form. 

It's personally not how I would envision a scoring model, especially after using other marketing automation systems such as Pardot or Marketo, but this might be helpful for folks trying to work with Hubspot. This also doesn't help with other obvious painpoints, such as creating duplicate scoring rules for multiple email clicks. 

I really hope Hubspot is still reconsidering their approach to scoring, but hopefully this information might help you all out in the meantime.

Ed4
Membre

Developers please, this is a major PITA when trying to actually get an idea of what your prospects are doing.  Please include a way to reset scores to 0!!!!!!