HubSpot Ideas

taylorfriss

Allow contacts/attendees to Cancel & Reschedule events using Meetings

Contacts are double booking without canceling their previous meeting! It would be great if they got a HubSpot confirmation email with a reschedule button on it, or if the Contact already has a meeting book, the Meetings page recognizes it and presents an option to reschedule or cancel old meeting. 

Atualizações da HubSpot
Status atualizado para: Delivered
December 10, 2021 05:13 PM

Hi Community,

I'm excited to announce that this functionality is now Live for all accounts at all tiers. We plan to follow-up with some additional features and fixes to this in the near future, including a function that will allow attendees to share why they needed to cancel or reschedule a meeting. 

Best,

Glen

Status atualizado para: In Beta
October 05, 2021 07:17 AM

Hi Community! 

Thank you all for your patience and feedback in getting this feature to the top of our list! I'm happy to announce today that we now have a beta for this feature ready for folks to get access! You can reach out to your success point of contact at HubSpot and we'll get you in within 24 hours!

Some details:

This feature will allow attendees that scheduled a meeting to reschedule or cancel a meeting. Our goal in introducing this feature is to prevent you and your team from showing up to a no-show, and encourage your contacts/attendees to keep their meeting on the books! Reschedule and Cancel links will be available in the event as a raw URL. We did this rather than linked text due to an issue with the Microsoft Outlook API, that causes linked text to break occassionally.

When a meeting is cancelled, the event persists in the calendar, with the added text of 'Canceled' and both attendee and organizer status will be updated to 'Not attending'. The meeting event outcome in HubSpot will be updated to 'Canceled'. This was done to allow for the tracking & reporting of meetings that have been cancelled via the HubSpot CRM.

When a meeting is rescheduled, the calendar event is moved to the updated date and time. Email updates will go out to the attendees of the meeting with the new date and time. This was done to prevent duplicates. Below are some images of this functionality:

glencornell_0-1633443070548.png

glencornell_1-1633443135185.png

glencornell_2-1633443159256.png

Re: Reschedule Meetings Feature - changed to: In Planning
September 19, 2021 04:00 PM

Hi Community,

Just a quick update here that we are very close to a beta for this functionality. Our plans would allow for reschedule links in the confirmaion emails, and the description of the calendar event. Attendees would have the ability to Cancel or Reschedule a meeting.

When cancelled, the meeting title would update with the word CANCELED at the beginning, and the outcome of the Meeting event in HubSpot would update to 'Canceled'. 

When reschedule, an attendee scheduling a meeting would be brought to the Meeting scheduling page flow to choose a new time. Once a new time is selected, the original calendar event will update to the newly selected date. 

We are testing this functionality this week, and plan to release this as a public beta as soon as the feature passes all tests. Thanks again for your patience and excitement as we develop this feature

August 19, 2021 08:41 AM

Hi Communty! 

Thank you all for the feedback, and I apologize for the long wait you all have had to take for this feature. We are in development on new functionality that will allow attendees to cancel or reschedule meetings that they have booked through the Meetings tool. This will include buttons/links in the confirmation/reminder emails and the description within the calendar invite to let an attendee cancel or reschedule a meeting.

When a meeting is cancelled, the calendar event will update to reflect that the meeting has been cancelled and the 'Meeting outcome' of the event in HubSpot will update to 'Cancelled'

When an attendee chooses to reschedule a meeting, an attendee will be brought to the same booking flow to schedule a new time. The original calendar event will update to reflect the new time that has been selected. 

We plan to have a beta ready for testing in the next 2-4 weeks. I will update this page once we have news!

Best,

Glen

Re: Reschedule Meetings Feature - changed to: Not Currently Planned
April 27, 2020 03:32 PM

Hi Communnity,

Thank you all for sharing your feedback!

For transparency I am updating this issue from "In Planning" to "Not Currently Planned" because we wont be able to get to this in the next quarter. This is one of the top ideas in Meetings and will be a top priority for Meetings in the future. I will update here once we are able to reprioritize this work for development.

Best,

Glen

April 25, 2019 02:06 PM

Plans change, things come up, for you and your contacts. Without the ability for your contacts to reschedule, they will often no-show, cancel, or use your Meeting link to re-book. We plan to add a feature to Meetings to allow contacts to reschedule a meeting. This is not yet in development, but on our product roadmap for Meetings.

136 Comentários
finn
Top colaborador(a)

+1

magidonnie
Membro

Any more updates on the development of this?

dreamerdad
Participante

I'd love to see this implemented as well. 

stingom
Membro | Parceiro Diamante

I use Acuity and many of our consulting clients use Acuity or Calendly.  We CANNOT switch to Hubspot meetings until there is a cancel / reschedule feature added.  This means that we have to write and maintain NUMEROUS zaps and workflows to do the same thing.  PLEASE make them options, so I can disable cancel and enable reschedule.  Also, we need the ability to add different appointment types and locations.  

TH1
Participante

@glencornell Do you think the decision to not work on this feature will be revisited any time soon? This is quite a key functionality to make the HubSpot meetings tool competitive vs tools such as Calendly.

crothenberger
Participante | Parceiro Diamante

I had hoped to ditch Calendly all together, but I can't do that until leads and clients can reschedule or cancel their own appointments. Please get this moving soon!

nikkiv
Top colaborador(a)

@glencornell Is there any update on this feature? When contacts reschedule, it's inflatted our meeting numbers. 

Thank you,

Nikki

magidonnie
Membro

Our no show rates are above 50% due to contacts not being able to reschedule or cancel the meeting 😞

ShockinglyD
Participante

I have been told that the only way Hubspot will prioritze this request is if a ton of people request it.  Any ideas how we can get it to the droves of users?  I sent a request via Twitter to the CEO, who sent it to his team, but to no avail.

magidonnie
Membro

I almost want to create a marketing campaign just to get more people to request it at this point

MissTipsi
Top colaborador(a)

@glencornell not sure if you are responding individually to people but a public update would be great...am hearing all about the investment in Sales Hub this year etc etc but is mindboggling that this has not been addressed. If you aren't going to build it then do either of:

i) tells us its not happending and reduce Sales Hub pricing to account for a COMPLETELY DEFICIENT offer so that everyone can go and sign up for Calendly

ii) offer a Calendly subscription bundled in Sales Hub, same way as say Hello Sign is integrated for e-signature

iii) just buy Calendly (or an alternative) and integrate it!

ShockinglyD
Participante

So agree with @MissTipsi !

Rachel_HWG
Participante

Yes, this is so vital!

marketingbysach
Participante

I would like to see this option added please with a way to cancel  or reschedule a meeting directly from Hubspot and also a way to see all meetings booked.  Thanks Sacha

HubSpotMaster
Conselheiro(a) de destaque | Parceiro Diamante

This is vital, There is not a solid way to track the # of meetings held vs, rescheduled. It also always shows the date of the last meeting scheduled even if it was rescheduled because everything happens outside of the meetings tool after the initial meeting is set. 

marketingbysach
Participante

Just a quick shout out on cancelling meetings in hubspot... we looked at the Calendly option but this did not meet the expectations as they integration is only one way from Calendly to Hubspot it does not show meetings already booked in Hubspot

GregZ
Membro

+1 on this.  If there is a beta available, please let me know.

SCarlisle
Participante

This needs to be implemented. Calendly can do this so HubSpot should be able to allow this as well. 

LWidmann
Membro

Still waiting on this feature. It would make a world of difference to us. Any updates @glencornell ?

GregZ
Membro

+1 on this idea.  We need the ability for users/customers to cancel or rescehdule meetings.  Seems like this is pretty fundamental to a meetings feature.  If there's a beta available, let us know.  Thanks HubSpot!