HubSpot Ideas

magnus

Required information fields

In most sales organizations I have worked for, they have required that a set of information is required before being able to save the customer in their CRM. As of now, HubSpot does not support this (according to themselves). My suggestion is that this is a feature that could be added so that sales staff do not save customers without important information being entered. 

The major advantage is that sales managers will not have to promt sales staff to review all sales opportunities to ensure they have filled in the necessary information. 

35件のコメント
conorflanny
メンバー

Please add me to beta!

ernopyykko
トップ投稿者

@AndyPitre Hey Andy, will this beta feature also be available in the development environments? I created a trial for myself to get familiar with Hubspot. (ID:3413553)

DhruvaPoonia
メンバー

Please add us to the beta.

ernopyykko
トップ投稿者
Wilko64
メンバー

Hi, this feature is great but can we change which fields are required? eg Mobile number in contacts is good to know but may not be available when entering the new contact? (Sorry if somewhere esle in Forum - I'm new) 

ステータスに更新: Delivered
roisinkirby
HubSpot製品開発チーム

helenstrafe
投稿者

@roisinkirby Does this mean it's now available for use? How do we access this feature please? 

mktgqueen
投稿者

We are excited to be on the beta test for this functionality and on the web version, it works quite well. However, that functionality is NOT working on the mobile app version. Before you roll this out to the greater HubSpot universe, I strongly suggest making it functional on mobile as well. Otherwise, it's not nearly as useful.

zbelcher
投稿者

please add me to beta

DMS
メンバー | Platinum Partner
メンバー | Platinum Partner

Its great to have the mandatory fields option but its easily bypassed with the email integration i.e contacts added to the CRM via gmail integration are accepted despite not having all the required fields added.  Is there an option to ensure contacts added from the gmail interface also must have the required fields complete?

iward
メンバー

Please add me to the beta.

sharath
参加者 | Diamond Partner

Please add us to the beta.

WarriorRising
メンバー

Hi  @AndyPitre

How do we make a property required when updating a contact, not just creating? For example, when someone opens a contact that doesn't have a property filled out, how can I force them to update that property before going to another page? I have a property called "Next Steps" I recently added where I want our team to update what the required next steps are for that contact before they can close and move on. Is there a way to do that? 

Thank you so much in advance!

WorkflowNinja
参加者

When creating deals, I LOVE that I can require my reps to fill out specific fields. However... most of the data we collect lives on the COMPANY level. Would be a great feature if I could require certain "Company" fields are filled out before creating a deal. (See screenshots. So basically when creating the deal... in the side panel.... I could require certain fields that are on the Company and NOT the Deal.) 

WorkflowNinja_0-1612904125975.png

WorkflowNinja_1-1612904207009.png

ActuateITMike
メンバー

Hi,

Was this ever implemented? The note from AndyPitre from the HubSpot Product Team said back in 2017 that this was in beta. We are now in 2023 and required fields are still not an option for contact profile fields and many more. It seems that I can only make a field required in a HubSpot Form on the data collection.

I would very much like to achieve what these original posts suggest. Any news on this?