HubSpot Ideas

emhall810

Required fields based on Lifecycle Stage or Lead Status

Similar to how Hubspot allows you to create required fields for when a deal moves along a pipeline, I want to create required fields when a contact changes Lifecycle Stages from a Lead to an MQL, SQL, Opportunity, etc.

Also, if a contacts Lead Status moves to Unqualified for example, I would like to create a required field for Unqualified Type.

Please let me know if something currently exists that can satisfy this request, because I couldn't find anything.

19 Replies
YGurditta

I'm also looking to do this. Specifically when an SDR books a meeting and asjusts the lifecycle stage to MQL, there are fields that sales reps need completed. How can we make those fields required when adjusting the lifecycle stage?

Do any combination of features work to make this possible right now?

J0

I'm looking into this too. Would be great if this could be implemented into Hubspot as it doesn't look possible at the moment (current workaround is using workflows but far from ideal).

This would be a very useful option to set up for each lifecycle stage.

RLern

I would really like this as well: the option to add required fields in order for a lead to change status.

BennyP
Contributor

This would be super helpful! Hubspot allows to measure and track various things at a deal level (because we can set mandatory fields from one stage to the other), but not on a company or contact level. 

If a company (like ours) works with deals only when an opportunity is created, then this missing feature makes it quite difficult to understand what is going on pre-opportunity (deal creation). 

Is this in the roadmap? 

mayalaraineri
Participant

Hi everyone, 

Im looking into this too.

Is it possible to make it compulsory to move through the stages? Meaning to go from Lead to MQL to SQL? I am asking, because we realized that when a Lead jumps directly to SQL and does not go through the MQL stage, we dont collect the date for when it became an MQL and it is not possible to edit the field "became a ... date". Therefore, it will not be counted in our MQL Report. We want to make it compulsory that a lead must always go through all the stages; Lead--> MQL --> SQL ...

ABaroz

Yes, this is exactly what we are also looking for.

Just like it is in deals. We would aprriciate it if the option would be avialble for Lifecyce stage as well

VK78
Participant

cant believe so simple things are missing from HS. it creates lot of data quality issues for us as once a lead is marked mql it goes to salesforce without a contact owner as some executives forget to assign owner value to lead . 

DHill5
Participant

This is exactly the capability that we need as well. For example, when a lead status is changed to diisqualified I 'd like for Hubspot to force the user to aslo complete the disqualified reason field before the change can be saved. Basically the same as the popup box that appears when moving a deal stage without completing the necessary fields. 

Currently, we have to use a workflow that creates a task but this is far from ideal as it's still up to the user to complete the task.

BennyP
Contributor

+1 on @DHill5's point. 

This is super important and leads to data quality issues in the CRM. Creating a task is not useful (in our case) because there are tasks for so many other important things that - adding tasks for data quality - just increases the nº of tasks and the team ends up not using them. 

I know there is a feature for Enterprise on conditional fields but this doesn't help us either. @DHill5 as an FYI, it allows certain sections in the company view to show up based on values. E.g. I have a section on Customer Success Information and I make it available on the company level only when it's a customer. 

Said this, this doesn't prone the team to actually input any specific fields (and it's quite useless if we display many "cards" at a company level). 

Hubspot, when can we have an update on this? 

Ivanzyt

I concur with all of the above comments. This would be really useful. I love my sales guys but they are awful at putting in the necessary data for qualified leads. They do gather the data but they are far to busy to update HubSpot and will always "do it at the end of the day". The simple fact of that matter is they wont do it at the end of this day or any day. So, I need to make them. I want to target them and measure them on the pre-sale activity in HubSpot - so number of SQL's generated from MQL's but I need various bits of info on the contact before it becomes an SQL. If it were compulsory it would be impossible for my sales people to meet their SQL quota without correct data entry. At the moment I have to run of a report on the number of SQL's added by rep then manually take out the ones without the required data and give the sales guys the task of adding it all.................which they hate cos their sales guys and want to sell rather than do data entry. If we could force them to do it as they finished the call and move the prospect on to the next stage, whilst they have all the info in their head and are updating the record anyway then problem solved!!!

NBrookes

+1!

LarsExeler

+1

JMathew33

+1

BennyP
Contributor

Hi community, I think this has now been solved with the "conditional property logic". It should be in public beta (though I think I emailed my CSM to opt me in). 

The feature that got released allows us to set required fields to pop up based on a specific data entry (it currently only seems to work across one object only). For example, every time the SDRs moves the contact "lead status" to "disqualified" -> the new feature allows me to have the contact field "disqualification reason" pop up. If I make this mandatory, the SDR won't be able to change the lead status of the contact 

NBrookes

@BennyP  - YAY. Thanks for sharing or I wouldn't have known about this. Very happy!

MyronQ
HubSpot Employee

upvoting on behalf of a customer. This feature is currently available for deal stages and would be useful if we can apply the same for contact/company lifecycle stages

Ruurd
Contributor

This would be super helpful. Our Sales Agents need the rights to change LCS on their own, but they should do so only when certain properties are known. To enforce this, I'd like to be able to set LCS change conditions on Admin level. Currently our Sales agents can just change the LCS how they please which leads to issues where we manually have to move contacts back in the funnel 😣 (and fix all the issues that have occured through workflows that triggered due to the - incorrect - LCS change). 

oleus
Participant

+1

katherineladue
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

Unfortunately conditional property logic still doesn't allow you to set up required properties within lifecycle stages. For some reason, you can use every other property within the conditional logic rules EXCEPT lifecycle stage. Quite strange!