HubSpot Ideas

amchartman

Required email and form fields before chat or bot conversations

I have seen several merged chats suggesting that people leave their email so companies can follow up. I understand this idea was delivered, and a prompt to leave an email was added to the chat feature. However, I am wondering if we can add a mandatory email field to the chat so we have a way to follow-up with leads who do not leave an email voluntarily. My suggestion would be to make this feature optional so companies can choose whether or not they'd like to enable it. 

HubSpot Updates
September 03, 2019 07:26 AM

@willprm thanks for the feedback, I am going to email you directly to connect. 

In Planning
September 03, 2019 06:21 AM

Hi all - This is still an active issue and something my team is actively thinking about. I will provide more details as we know them! 

Thanks, 

Cassie

December 31, 2018 06:36 PM

@amchartman @AveryReid could you please elaborate on how the email capture prompt within chat and the optional lead qualify bot solution do not solve this for you? Thank you for your feedback!

153 Replies
ErikKoedijk

Great idea! It would help our organisation identify and better serve customers!

OllieLash-W

Hey, did this ever happen?

BramSlot

This would be perfect for our organisation! Is there any update?

doter
Participant

What's the status on this ticket? Capturing email and name through chat is not ideal as others have already pointed out. 

TCreasey

After 5 years, this is still 'in planning'.

We have recently moved to HubSpot and as many people have suggested, some customers jump right into the conversation and then leave. We have no name and no contact, so that is a dead lead.

We have the option enabled to as for an email address after the first message but a lot of customers are skimming over this or not seeing it.

Having an option to be able to force at least and email address would enable us to follow up with a customer after they have left the chat.

El_Gallo
Participant

We switched to another platform due to HS Chat's lack of features, which, unfortunately, most live chat platforms offer.

soulsiteswebco

still nothing on this?

AndyT2

@El_Gallo may I know which platfrom did you switch to? We are about to jump in but I need to consider it since I don't know why it took over 5 years to implement this simple request....

MMoberg

This is exatly what we need!

Has anyone found a workaround to get the email capture mandatory for using the chatbot? 

Looks like it's been planning since 2018 and still is, so I thought maybe some of you have found a way.

MCzesak

+1

We need this too!

Thank you guys!

DLaskowski

+1

DGilowski

+1, please add the feature!

r5-ng
Participant

+1'ing this. We need a way to "interview" the visitor and capture the information so it is ready for our support agents and salespersons when they go to acknowledge the chat.

**Edit - looking more into this, there is additional chatflow options that are available under Conversations > Chatflows. I plan on using the Knowledge Base + Live Chat chatflow now.

If it needs to be done through a workflow, that's fine, but lets get a solution together and get it documented with setup instructions.