HubSpot Ideas

amchartman

Required email and form fields before chat or bot conversations

I have seen several merged chats suggesting that people leave their email so companies can follow up. I understand this idea was delivered, and a prompt to leave an email was added to the chat feature. However, I am wondering if we can add a mandatory email field to the chat so we have a way to follow-up with leads who do not leave an email voluntarily. My suggestion would be to make this feature optional so companies can choose whether or not they'd like to enable it. 

HubSpot Updates
September 03, 2019 07:26 AM

@willprm thanks for the feedback, I am going to email you directly to connect. 

In Planning
September 03, 2019 06:21 AM

Hi all - This is still an active issue and something my team is actively thinking about. I will provide more details as we know them! 

Thanks, 

Cassie

December 31, 2018 06:36 PM

@amchartman @AveryReid could you please elaborate on how the email capture prompt within chat and the optional lead qualify bot solution do not solve this for you? Thank you for your feedback!

152 Replies
abiblu
Contributor

Hi Cassie,

How is progress on this task? Any news on beta testing it?

cdewey22
HubSpot Product Team

Morning- 

We have a couple of things related to this functionality in the works. We are working first on an API that will allow you to pass the visitor information to the chat widget if they have already logged into the portal. This will allow you to send the known customers' information to the chat widget. That will be in a public beta in July, you can fill out this form for early access. 

We will be digging into adding a form like option into the chat widget later this year. We are also exploring adding feedback into the survey. We will provide updates here as we have more details. 

Thank you

abiblu
Contributor

Thanks, Cassie. Keep us updated.

I just opened our live chat inbox and almost had a heart attack seeing the hundreds of "Unknown visitors" in the last few days alone. Looking forward to get this resolved.

Jdepelteau

We are very interested in this feature as we used to have it with other chat software

We are interested in being a beta testers  jdepelteau@flexpipeinc.com

robotjtech

Its quite pathetic that after 2 years hupspot can not be troubled with adding about 3 lines of code to there chat service to make it not continue untill the contact info has been entered. I will be recommending the client that Iam dealing with that uses this product to switch to anything else at this point. this is pathetic.

raviatreya

Hi Cassie

Awesome!  I'm definitely interested in testing this out as well when it gets released in beta

abiblu
Contributor

Hi Cassie,

Any ETA for the beta test to be available?

cdewey22
HubSpot Product Team

Hi all- We are middle of development right now. We are hoping to have this out in beta in the next few weeks. I will post as soon as I have a date for the release of the beta and details for getting access to the beta! 

Thank you for your interest and I will update you all soon! 

Cassie

benf99
Participant

We have just migrated from Pure Chat as well and this seems to be a pretty basic function. Now more than half the incoming chats have no name or contact details. Sincerely looking forward to this! Thanks

rsvdmanager

can we please have this option? is it in beta now?

in order to use the chatbot to its fullest, we would need the option to ask for the email ahead of the first post by the user. that way, if not here, we can easily follow-up. thanks

yuritonani
Contributor

Counting the seconds to test it.. 

Hannanli

Hi! I am interested in testing the beta for this as well. With our previous live chat function (LiveChat) we were able to accept email address and name before starting a chat with our customer service team. This is needed for us as well and I would like access to the function. 

zgoeps

Hello. Has the status of this changed since 2018? Is this functionality now available?

abiblu
Contributor

Hi Cassie,

Is the beta close to release? We're all eager to test.

gilcags

We went ahead and used Chaport instead because of this issue. So many unknown chat during off-hours. 😞

Any progress?

PamCotton
Community Manager

Hello @gilcags 

You are able to create chatbots where the bots will collect this information, we have this article explaining more about it : 

Choose your bot actions 

I hope this helps,

Kindly,

Pam

Jason_M

Hi,  pleased to hear this has been developed as I also see it as essential to the chat. How did the beta tests go? How do we get access? Thanks

NPea123

Hi Cassie,

I would be very interested in finding out more information regarding the status of the Beta Test, and would like to be part of the test if possible.

Echoing other users, this would be a game changer for your live chat feature and be an end to the dreaded "Unknown Visitor" isssue

Many thanks.

SpencerH

Any updates on the timeline for this feature?

repumartek
Participant

Hi cdewey22,

Actually we don't need to use API, stop it 🙂

We simply need a form before chat, please do it asap,

Please provide us your roadmap and plan,

Regards,