Required email and form fields before chat or bot conversations

I have seen several merged chats suggesting that people leave their email so companies can follow up. I understand this idea was delivered, and a prompt to leave an email was added to the chat feature. However, I am wondering if we can add a mandatory email field to the chat so we have a way to follow-up with leads who do not leave an email voluntarily. My suggestion would be to make this feature optional so companies can choose whether or not they'd like to enable it. 

HubSpot updates
Required email and form fields before chat or bot conversationsHubSpot Product Team
changed to: In Planning
09-03-2019

Hi all - This is still an active issue and something my team is actively thinking about. I will provide more details as we know them! 

Thanks, 

Cassie

Required email and form fields before chat or bot conversationsHubSpot Product Team
12-31-2018

@amchartman @AveryReid could you please elaborate on how the email capture prompt within chat and the optional lead qualify bot solution do not solve this for you? Thank you for your feedback!

09-03-2019

@willprm thanks for the feedback, I am going to email you directly to connect. 

23 Replies
repumartek
Occasional Contributor

I agree.

Filling in a pre-form before chat is more convinience as well as time saver for customers then chatflow to ask them one by one questions.

Please add this features

mikeyang10
Occasional Contributor

This is exactly what we need also. We lose leads because they want to jump right into the conversation (which is how they've been trained by social media DM's & messengers). Users don't always follow through the process of telling their name & email, especially in a less conversational way. If they do respond, they respond in full sentences and our Hubspot chat doesn't always get it right.
We need a form to pre-qualify the chat.

aaronepperson
Occasional Contributor

@hroberts Just looking for this feature now. People don't read the bot they need a form. 

Laura89
Occasional Contributor

This could be really usefull! Hoping to have news from Hubspot!

MauricioCR
New Contributor

Great!

100% UP! Keep us posted Hubspot,

BarbClose
New Contributor

The fact that this hasn't been implemented yet is very disappointing.  A required email field has been an option in every other chat program I have ever used.

willprm
New Contributor

@hroberts This is still an active issue. Could you please provide an update as to when we can expect a pre-chat form?

HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team
updated to: In Planning

Hi all - This is still an active issue and something my team is actively thinking about. I will provide more details as we know them! 

Thanks, 

Cassie

willprm
New Contributor

@cdewey22 Thank you. Do you know when we might be able to receive an update as to when you might have moved passed the thinking stage and onto actually creating a solution? To me this is very high priority and I don't feel it is being treated as such.

HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

@willprm thanks for the feedback, I am going to email you directly to connect.