HubSpot Ideas

sjudson

Require task completion before progressing a Sequence

Scott from the product team here. 

In Sequences today, task completion is NOT required before progressing onto the next step in a sequence.  For a sequence with multiple email steps, call tasks, and social touchpoints, this means that if a task step is not completed, future emails and tasks will still get sent or created. 

We've heard from our users that there should be an option to require that a task be completed before sending the next email in a sequence, or before creating another net new task. 

To solve this, we're evaluating support for this feature in Sequences:

builder.jpg

If you're interested in talking with us more, or getting early access, upvote this post and we'll let you know as soon as it's available. 

HubSpot Updates
Delivered
March 04, 2020 05:38 AM

Hi Community! 

We've released a number of updates to sequences on March 3rd, including a new default that requires task completion before a sequence will progress. This is available now for all Sales Professional, Sales Enterprise, Service Professional, and Service Enterprise seats.

You can read more about the changes in the link to the release below:

[Now Live] Advanced Sequences

Best,

Glen

In Beta
February 10, 2020 02:07 PM

February 10, 2020 02:06 PM

This feature is soon moving to a public beta. We plan to have it completely rolled out to all Sales Professional and Sales Enterprise customers by March 3rd. 

Going forward, folks can request access directly from their customer succes rep at HubSpot! Once this is out, all tasks will require task copletion before progressing a sequence. You will still have an option to forgo completion as a requirement on each and every task step, but we have decided to change the default behavior once this goes live.

Here's an updated view for how this will look in sequences:

builder.jpg

January 31, 2020 08:36 AM

Hi all! Sorry just now catching up after some time out. Everyone who has signed up will be receiving access to the beta today.

We are going to start opening up this beta in February. Signups will be more accessible to folks by speaking directly to their POC at HubSpot, and we'll begin providing the feature in a more systematic way. We have decided to make some tweaks to the design, and behavior. Soon, all tasks for sequences users in Sales Professional and Enterprise will have the ability to pause a sequence until the task is completed. This will be the default behavior for tasks. Checking the box (seen below) will be a way to determine specific tasks that are not required for completion. All of your current sequences will have this box checked as soon as we launch the feature, as we don't want to change the behavior of sequences you've already built! 

builder.jpg

November 04, 2019 04:55 PM

I'll be sending out an email confirmation in the next day to all those that signed up for the beta! We hope to have this in beta within the next 2 weeks!

October 02, 2019 05:45 AM

I believe the comment with the link is now on a previous (4) page in the thread comments. Here's the link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe5prpMcY_8LrHzhx3wET1BKKm9QyBQs8r28K0rHiHopkLCDA/viewform

October 01, 2019 09:45 AM

The form link should be working now! Thanks for catching so quickly Smiley LOL

October 01, 2019 09:38 AM

Hi Sequences Community!

We are now collecting beta sign-ups for this feature. Please fill out this form to be part of this beta.

- We are currently only taking Sales and Services Professional and Enterprise customers for this closed beta.

Note:

• Several dozen of you that have reached out directly and are already included, but filling out the form will be helpful for our team
  • I have included a survey question to this form that again will also be very helpful for our team as we continue development
  • This work is still in development, I will update here once the beta is live

Thanks everyone!

- Glen

September 25, 2019 05:35 AM

This work is currently in development. 

@OfferZenBrett  - we hope to have a closed beta ready for this in the coming weeks. I'll update the post here and create a very short sign-up form (email and HUB ID) to give early access to anyone that would like to be a tester for this feature. 

In Planning
August 01, 2019 06:28 AM

August 01, 2019 06:28 AM

Hi Community!

We are priotizing this work in the coming weeks and plan to have some prototypes ready for feedback. If anyone would like to participate in our usability testing, or provide extra thoughts and context to how this problem impacts your process, it would be great to hear from you!

Please message me directly and I will reach out when we are ready to schedule calls!

57 Replies
cbasaing

Hey Glen, super excited to sign-up for the beta of this feature! One problem is the link isn't working for me. Anyone having same issue?

wdeperi

Link to sign up for the Beta isn't working

glencornell
HubSpot Product Team

The form link should be working now! Thanks for catching so quickly Smiley LOL

Jdoyle

I would like to signup for the beta testing but do not see a link to do so. Please help. 

glencornell
HubSpot Product Team

I believe the comment with the link is now on a previous (4) page in the thread comments. Here's the link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe5prpMcY_8LrHzhx3wET1BKKm9QyBQs8r28K0rHiHopkLCDA/viewform

cbasaing

Did anyone receive the beta to test yet? I signed up but haven't heard anything just yet.

glencornell
HubSpot Product Team

I'll be sending out an email confirmation in the next day to all those that signed up for the beta! We hope to have this in beta within the next 2 weeks!

mandeep

@glencornell I had gotten my sales director to sign up for the beta. She's since departed from our company and I'm unsure where that notification will go to get our company signed up for the beta. Please advise - I want to jump on this asap when it's released.

ChadPenn

Any idea of how quickly access is granted?

glencornell
HubSpot Product Team

Hi all! Sorry just now catching up after some time out. Everyone who has signed up will be receiving access to the beta today.

We are going to start opening up this beta in February. Signups will be more accessible to folks by speaking directly to their POC at HubSpot, and we'll begin providing the feature in a more systematic way. We have decided to make some tweaks to the design, and behavior. Soon, all tasks for sequences users in Sales Professional and Enterprise will have the ability to pause a sequence until the task is completed. This will be the default behavior for tasks. Checking the box (seen below) will be a way to determine specific tasks that are not required for completion. All of your current sequences will have this box checked as soon as we launch the feature, as we don't want to change the behavior of sequences you've already built! 

builder.jpg

artash
Participant | Partner

Hey Glen, 

I just filled the beta form. I would love to see your beta invitation and in case you want any feedback, me and my team are available for a call. 

Thanks
Artash

glencornell
HubSpot Product Team

This feature is soon moving to a public beta. We plan to have it completely rolled out to all Sales Professional and Sales Enterprise customers by March 3rd. 

Going forward, folks can request access directly from their customer succes rep at HubSpot! Once this is out, all tasks will require task copletion before progressing a sequence. You will still have an option to forgo completion as a requirement on each and every task step, but we have decided to change the default behavior once this goes live.

Here's an updated view for how this will look in sequences:

builder.jpg

glencornell
HubSpot Product Team

matt_reiners

I dream about having this feature…

joaoreynolds
Participant

Is it just me or do mid-sequence tasks seem pretty useless without this feature? For this reason I plead with you to add it to the Sales Starter package. We have a 2 person team but would really love to have this feature. Sequences is the whole reason we signed up for Hubspot!

glencornell
HubSpot Product Team

Hi Community! 

We've released a number of updates to sequences on March 3rd, including a new default that requires task completion before a sequence will progress. This is available now for all Sales Professional, Sales Enterprise, Service Professional, and Service Enterprise seats.

You can read more about the changes in the link to the release below:

[Now Live] Advanced Sequences

Best,

Glen

EricaSmith
Contributor

Would be so helpful if this SAME THING could be done within workflows!!!!!!!!!!