HubSpot Ideas

sjudson

Require task completion before progressing a Sequence

Scott from the product team here. 

In Sequences today, task completion is NOT required before progressing onto the next step in a sequence.  For a sequence with multiple email steps, call tasks, and social touchpoints, this means that if a task step is not completed, future emails and tasks will still get sent or created. 

We've heard from our users that there should be an option to require that a task be completed before sending the next email in a sequence, or before creating another net new task. 

To solve this, we're evaluating support for this feature in Sequences:

builder.jpg

If you're interested in talking with us more, or getting early access, upvote this post and we'll let you know as soon as it's available. 

57 Kommentare
cbasaing
Mitglied

Hey Glen, super excited to sign-up for the beta of this feature! One problem is the link isn't working for me. Anyone having same issue?

wdeperi
Mitglied

Link to sign up for the Beta isn't working

glencornell
HubSpot-Produktteam

The form link should be working now! Thanks for catching so quickly Lachender Smiley

Jdoyle
Mitglied

I would like to signup for the beta testing but do not see a link to do so. Please help. 

glencornell
HubSpot-Produktteam

I believe the comment with the link is now on a previous (4) page in the thread comments. Here's the link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe5prpMcY_8LrHzhx3wET1BKKm9QyBQs8r28K0rHiHopkLCDA/viewform

cbasaing
Mitglied

Did anyone receive the beta to test yet? I signed up but haven't heard anything just yet.

glencornell
HubSpot-Produktteam

I'll be sending out an email confirmation in the next day to all those that signed up for the beta! We hope to have this in beta within the next 2 weeks!

mandeep
Mitglied

@glencornell I had gotten my sales director to sign up for the beta. She's since departed from our company and I'm unsure where that notification will go to get our company signed up for the beta. Please advise - I want to jump on this asap when it's released.

ChadPenn
Mitglied

Any idea of how quickly access is granted?

glencornell
HubSpot-Produktteam

Hi all! Sorry just now catching up after some time out. Everyone who has signed up will be receiving access to the beta today.

We are going to start opening up this beta in February. Signups will be more accessible to folks by speaking directly to their POC at HubSpot, and we'll begin providing the feature in a more systematic way. We have decided to make some tweaks to the design, and behavior. Soon, all tasks for sequences users in Sales Professional and Enterprise will have the ability to pause a sequence until the task is completed. This will be the default behavior for tasks. Checking the box (seen below) will be a way to determine specific tasks that are not required for completion. All of your current sequences will have this box checked as soon as we launch the feature, as we don't want to change the behavior of sequences you've already built! 

builder.jpg

artash
Teilnehmer/-in | Partner

Hey Glen, 

I just filled the beta form. I would love to see your beta invitation and in case you want any feedback, me and my team are available for a call. 

Thanks
Artash

glencornell
HubSpot-Produktteam

This feature is soon moving to a public beta. We plan to have it completely rolled out to all Sales Professional and Sales Enterprise customers by March 3rd. 

Going forward, folks can request access directly from their customer succes rep at HubSpot! Once this is out, all tasks will require task copletion before progressing a sequence. You will still have an option to forgo completion as a requirement on each and every task step, but we have decided to change the default behavior once this goes live.

Here's an updated view for how this will look in sequences:

builder.jpg

Status aktualisiert zu: In Beta
glencornell
HubSpot-Produktteam

matt_reiners
Mitglied

I dream about having this feature…

joaoreynolds
Teilnehmer/-in

Is it just me or do mid-sequence tasks seem pretty useless without this feature? For this reason I plead with you to add it to the Sales Starter package. We have a 2 person team but would really love to have this feature. Sequences is the whole reason we signed up for Hubspot!

Status aktualisiert zu: Delivered
glencornell
HubSpot-Produktteam

Hi Community! 

We've released a number of updates to sequences on March 3rd, including a new default that requires task completion before a sequence will progress. This is available now for all Sales Professional, Sales Enterprise, Service Professional, and Service Enterprise seats.

You can read more about the changes in the link to the release below:

[Now Live] Advanced Sequences

Best,

Glen

EricaSmith
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

Would be so helpful if this SAME THING could be done within workflows!!!!!!!!!!