HubSpot Ideas

VagaeNatus

Require task completion before deal move forward in pipeline

We need to control that a certain set of tasks is completed before a deal moves forward to the next stage in a pipeline. Currently, we can create new tasks for each new stage reached but we can't control that those tasks are completed before moving forward.

The option of creating custom yes/no properties appearing in the popup between 2 stages is no good. Firstly, it makes users edit both the task's status and the custom properties. Two way to record the same thing. Secondly, when the user answer "yes I've done this", no check is made. He could just make mistakes, though he completed the task while he did not.

Stages are things that work in sequence.  Tasks are things can work in parallel. Once we have the above, we would have a great stages/tasks package.

Stage A (list of tasks to complete during A and before can go to B)

- Task 1

- Task 2

- Task 3

Stage B (list of tasks to complete during B and before can go to C)

- Task 4

- Task 5

- Task 6

9 Replies
Moshe

Was there an update since this was mentioned?

craigfatt

I was just asking the same thing. This is exactly what I need.

HarryBown
Member | Elite Partner

There are so many use cases for creating custom internal processes if we could use the tasks in conjuction with ticket and deal stages. Would love to see this. 

dchambers
Contributor

I love this idea, and I need it. I could turn the service hub tickets into a true PLM software with this addition. 

barbora_sharry

We would love to have this, too, to ensure certain tasks get completed before deals get moved to the next stages.

DKingston

This is a great suggestion.

Having the ability to create a standardised task list for individual deal stages would ensure that workflows are adhered to and that human error could be reduced.

smetz
HubSpot Employee

Commenting to get email updates 🙂

VStrnad

DesertTumbleWeedGIF.gif

HHunt1

I need similar to this, but rather than task completion, I need the ability to add a note to the deal record when moving to a new stage.

Example: we have to meet with a customer before we can sign them up. Once we've had that meeting, the deal can either go to the deciding, won or lost stages. If it goes to the deciding stage, I would like the team to add a note to the record to provide an update on the deal. Currently, the only way is to require a property to be completed on moving a deal, but I'd like a note to be added to the record. 

Requiring that a task is added to the record may also be a good development.