HubSpot Ideas

Dylan

Require specific deal properties based on pipeline

Breaking apart from this, 2 part idea: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Pipeline-specific-Default-Deal-Properties/idi-p/12943 

HubSpot should allow admins to define a different set of required properties based on the pipeline a deal or ticket is created in. This will help ensure tha tthe correct data is being added to the CRM. 

Example: 
For deals created in pipeline A - require "deal amount" to be populated
For deals created in pipeline B - require "local currency" to be populated

HubSpot Updates
Delivered
April 10, 2023 09:17 AM

Hi all! I'm marking the original idea as "delivered" since "Require specific deal properties based on pipeline" has been rolled out. 

Separately, we have another update to conditional logic functionality in beta. This beta allows you to add conditional logic for properties with defined options (enumerated properties) to the 'Create record' form for contacts, companies, deals, tickets, and custom objects. It also allows for configuration of the display order of dependent properties (rather than alphabetically). Please fill out this form or reach out to your CSM if you're interested in participating in the beta (Pro subscription required), we'd much appreciate your feedback. If you reach out to your CSM, the name of the feature is 'Add conditional logic to the Create Record form.' 

Linking the posts where this functionality is described in more detail: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Controlling-and-dependent-property-attributes-needed/idi-p/352612, https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Field-Dependencies-for-Contact-Properties/idc-p/753417#M135003

In Beta
January 06, 2023 12:49 PM
In Beta
January 06, 2023 12:44 PM

Hi everyone! The feature "Customize 'Create record' form by pipeline" is in public beta, which means that customers can opt themselves in under Product Updates > Betas. Note that it is Pro+, all hubs.

If you have feedback about this feature or related functionality you'd like to see, please fill out this form. We're actively looking for input to shape our roadmap and may reach out to respondents with follow-up questions. Thank you in advance! 

In Beta
December 05, 2022 03:20 PM

👋Hi all! An update for you  - we are now in private beta for a feature that will enable you to customize the ‘Create record’ form by deal, ticket, or custom object pipeline. This means that different properties will be displayed on the ‘Create record’ form depending on which pipeline a user selects.

Your CSM can request access to this beta on your behalf. We plan to move this feature to public beta in the near feature based on usage and customer feedback, at which point customers will be able to opt in themselves. Thank you all for your feedback!!

May 10, 2022 08:05 AM

Thanks for letting me know! I just updated the permissions - can you retry?

In Planning
May 10, 2022 07:31 AM

Hi all, this functionality is now in design research! It was a long road to get to this stage - thanks for your patience during the lengthy radio silence.

We've cooked up several options for this functionality. Now it would be great to get input from you on what works best. If you'd be interested in sharing feedback on early prototypes, please fill out this questionnaire. Thank you in advance for your time!!

jeff

In Planning
July 28, 2021 10:03 AM

Hey all, I'm Jeff from the CRM Product team. Don't blame @Dylan for the radio silence - blame me!

Happy to share that we are working towards support for this. There are several hurdles in our way to doing it right, we'll deliver it when it's ready.

We don't have an idea status that properly covers this stage, but it's gone beyond planning. It's on the list, and I'm looking forward to bringing it to you in the future.

Still cannot offer a firm timeline, I hope you'll understand at this point predicting a release date is not possible. Please keep the use cases and requests coming. Thank you all!

jeff

October 20, 2020 12:31 PM

👋 Hello HubSpot community, 

I wanted to post a quick update on the status of this idea.

As of right now, we do not have an ETA for delivering this functionality. We have a good understanding of the pain you all experience by not having this functionality and absolutely plan to address this idea. In fact, it's been something we've had several lengthy discussions about internally. The solution we're considering at this time is rooted in a significant change to our platform - allowing all properties (in this case, deal pipeline) to have other properties that are required depending on the original property chosen. It is certainly possible we take a more short-term approach to solve this specific problem, but at this stage our efforts are focused on higher impact updates to the HubSpot CRM overall. 

Your continued feedback is very helpful for our team to prioritize this idea, so keep the use-cases and comments coming! Either myself or a member of our team will update this idea once we have a better idea on delivery + timing specifics. 

Thank you as always for your continued input, it helps us build a better product. 

May 29, 2020 01:51 PM

Hey @carldavies1 - thank you for following up! We haven't made any significant progress on this quite yet, but it's something we're working towards with a series of other changes (like dependent properties for all objects and properties) with the hope that we can solve several big issues in a single release. 

I don't have any clarity on timing there, but it's certainly something on our minds and being discussed. I'll follow up on this issue as soon as we have some progress...and likely will reach out personally for some input on our concepts! 

- Dylan 

In Planning
January 04, 2020 07:43 AM

141 Replies
AHehir

Late to the thread, but glad to see that work is underway to bring the fantastic ideas above to life. Differentiating default fields between pipelines will be crucial to accurately and efficiently track the data collected on deals at my company.

Will these updates be rolled out on all user tiers, when ready?

CarolinePeter
Member | Partner

Literally just been on Hubspot support asking for this exact functionality! Think it would make CRM and data management so much easier!

ozkanb

Oh, I just texted the support and I got an answer that is not applicable yet. And posting and upvoting it here would make developers bring this brilliant feature to the front! 

Hope that would work very soon!!! 🙂 

Till4
Participant | Platinum Partner

Hello Dylan, 

just wanted to mention that this is also a very urgent feature we require. Especially with HubSpot now targeting Enterprise customers with various products and services this feature should get some priority. 

Many Thanks, Till 

HHunt1

Hi @Dylan 

Are you able to give an update on expected delivery date for this?

My boss has now asked me to look at other CRM suppliers because we can only use HubSpot and deals for our new customer enquiries, but we have an urgent need to also use it for new staff enquiries. 

I would like to stay with HubSpot but if I can't give him positive news or a timeframe, then the decision may not be up to me. 

ADbr

Another upvote for this!  I hope it will be live soon!

Saper
Contributor

This should also go beyond only the deal pipelines but also cover the ticket pipelines. In multi-product cases where products are fundamentally different from each other, service teams might need to define different sorts of inputs for the tickets based on the pipeline. As such, HubSpot is still far far away from being a true enterprise CRM solution since it can't cater to such fundamental business needs.

DDet

We have many pipelines that are not closely related that this feature would be a big help!  

RobinI
Participant

Definitely, something is needed when we use different pipelines (1 for CSM and 1 for Sales) to ask relevant field at deal creation 

ShamashA
Participant

This would also make sense on a team level, similar to customizing the properties sidebars. For example being able to Customize the 'Create contact' form for different users based on the team they belong to. A CSM creating a contact would have to enter a different set of properties compared to a sales rep.

scyr

Has there been any updates on this idea since July? Almost 6 months since the last comment and I'm really hoping for some progress here. This feature is pretty vital to my team to streamline our deals. At this point, not sure why I pay for extra features if I could just start a bunch of free accounts...

SLonget

Hi @jeffvincent 

Could you please give us a timeline now?

That limitation is a real pain for our business. 

Thanks

jfalk415
Participant

Upvote! 👍

Angelina1

Upvote

JDubPHL

This feature is extremely important for our team. Our pipelines and stages are different enough that necessary info for each is highly specific. Please provide an update or surprise us all and roll it out ASAP!

Craig_R

There are threads about this going back to at least 2018, and I am not feeling very optimistic about the turn around time right now. This is an incredibly frustrating limitation that has caught me completely by surprise...

Before switching to Service Hub for Support, I had finally convinced my team to get the Enterprise package from Zendesk so that we could have the privilege of unique fields for our different-- call them, "pipelines,".  But recently, we all agreed to look into having everything on one platform, and HubSpot seemed like the obvious choice. After being shown Service Hub, I agreed that it could basically do what Zendesk did, even if at a higher price point for us, so we moved forward due to the added benefit of having everything centralized.

Well, now that I am setting up my pipelines and automations, I am starting to feel mislead-- I was told that I could have custom forms for each of our channels, and while that answer appears to be technically true (within the vernacular of HubSpot...), it doesn't appear to have met the spirit of my inquiry-- which was about NOT having to stuff a bunch of extra fields into all my ticket forms.

I am frustrated and discouraged.

FWBKK

Just posted in another thread and was referred to this, hence upvoting for it.

We currently do have deal pipelines for actual sales cases and also use it for recruiting. We would love to only show fields depending on the pipeline for our deals. It would really make things cleaner.

HHunt1

Any danger of an update, HubSpot? It's been two years now since this thread was created by @Dylan 

BenLerner-Paio
Member | Platinum Partner

+1 from me!  I have a client two clients that just recently approached me abaout this.

ASteinbrenner

Pipelines differ - that's the point of them.  Therefore, the properties within these different pipelines should also differ.  Seems like common sense!