HubSpot Ideas

Dylan

Require specific deal properties based on pipeline

Breaking apart from this, 2 part idea: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Pipeline-specific-Default-Deal-Properties/idi-p/12943 

HubSpot should allow admins to define a different set of required properties based on the pipeline a deal or ticket is created in. This will help ensure tha tthe correct data is being added to the CRM. 

Example: 
For deals created in pipeline A - require "deal amount" to be populated
For deals created in pipeline B - require "local currency" to be populated

HubSpot Updates
Delivered
April 10, 2023 09:17 AM

Hi all! I'm marking the original idea as "delivered" since "Require specific deal properties based on pipeline" has been rolled out. 

Separately, we have another update to conditional logic functionality in beta. This beta allows you to add conditional logic for properties with defined options (enumerated properties) to the 'Create record' form for contacts, companies, deals, tickets, and custom objects. It also allows for configuration of the display order of dependent properties (rather than alphabetically). Please fill out this form or reach out to your CSM if you're interested in participating in the beta (Pro subscription required), we'd much appreciate your feedback. If you reach out to your CSM, the name of the feature is 'Add conditional logic to the Create Record form.' 

Linking the posts where this functionality is described in more detail: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Controlling-and-dependent-property-attributes-needed/idi-p/352612, https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Field-Dependencies-for-Contact-Properties/idc-p/753417#M135003

In Beta
January 06, 2023 12:49 PM
In Beta
January 06, 2023 12:44 PM

Hi everyone! The feature "Customize 'Create record' form by pipeline" is in public beta, which means that customers can opt themselves in under Product Updates > Betas. Note that it is Pro+, all hubs.

If you have feedback about this feature or related functionality you'd like to see, please fill out this form. We're actively looking for input to shape our roadmap and may reach out to respondents with follow-up questions. Thank you in advance! 

In Beta
December 05, 2022 03:20 PM

👋Hi all! An update for you  - we are now in private beta for a feature that will enable you to customize the ‘Create record’ form by deal, ticket, or custom object pipeline. This means that different properties will be displayed on the ‘Create record’ form depending on which pipeline a user selects.

Your CSM can request access to this beta on your behalf. We plan to move this feature to public beta in the near feature based on usage and customer feedback, at which point customers will be able to opt in themselves. Thank you all for your feedback!!

May 10, 2022 08:05 AM

Thanks for letting me know! I just updated the permissions - can you retry?

In Planning
May 10, 2022 07:31 AM

Hi all, this functionality is now in design research! It was a long road to get to this stage - thanks for your patience during the lengthy radio silence.

We've cooked up several options for this functionality. Now it would be great to get input from you on what works best. If you'd be interested in sharing feedback on early prototypes, please fill out this questionnaire. Thank you in advance for your time!!

jeff

In Planning
July 28, 2021 10:03 AM

Hey all, I'm Jeff from the CRM Product team. Don't blame @Dylan for the radio silence - blame me!

Happy to share that we are working towards support for this. There are several hurdles in our way to doing it right, we'll deliver it when it's ready.

We don't have an idea status that properly covers this stage, but it's gone beyond planning. It's on the list, and I'm looking forward to bringing it to you in the future.

Still cannot offer a firm timeline, I hope you'll understand at this point predicting a release date is not possible. Please keep the use cases and requests coming. Thank you all!

jeff

October 20, 2020 12:31 PM

👋 Hello HubSpot community, 

I wanted to post a quick update on the status of this idea.

As of right now, we do not have an ETA for delivering this functionality. We have a good understanding of the pain you all experience by not having this functionality and absolutely plan to address this idea. In fact, it's been something we've had several lengthy discussions about internally. The solution we're considering at this time is rooted in a significant change to our platform - allowing all properties (in this case, deal pipeline) to have other properties that are required depending on the original property chosen. It is certainly possible we take a more short-term approach to solve this specific problem, but at this stage our efforts are focused on higher impact updates to the HubSpot CRM overall. 

Your continued feedback is very helpful for our team to prioritize this idea, so keep the use-cases and comments coming! Either myself or a member of our team will update this idea once we have a better idea on delivery + timing specifics. 

Thank you as always for your continued input, it helps us build a better product. 

May 29, 2020 01:51 PM

Hey @carldavies1 - thank you for following up! We haven't made any significant progress on this quite yet, but it's something we're working towards with a series of other changes (like dependent properties for all objects and properties) with the hope that we can solve several big issues in a single release. 

I don't have any clarity on timing there, but it's certainly something on our minds and being discussed. I'll follow up on this issue as soon as we have some progress...and likely will reach out personally for some input on our concepts! 

- Dylan 

In Planning
January 04, 2020 07:43 AM

141 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

This would be super helpful. 

jeffvincent
HubSpot Product Team

Hi all, this functionality is now in design research! It was a long road to get to this stage - thanks for your patience during the lengthy radio silence.

We've cooked up several options for this functionality. Now it would be great to get input from you on what works best. If you'd be interested in sharing feedback on early prototypes, please fill out this questionnaire. Thank you in advance for your time!!

jeff

magda_kas
Participant | Partner

@jeffvincent That's great news! 

I just tried to follow the link to the questionnaire you shared but I get this error: "This form can only be viewed by users in the owner's organization." - is that the correct link?

jeffvincent
HubSpot Product Team
Thanks for letting me know! I just updated the permissions - can you retry?
MWills

I posted this request more than 2 years ago!!  While I appreciate that the idea is now in "Design Research", what does that mean?  Is HubSpot developing a vaccine or something?  How much longer will this take?

GeeklyMedia
Member | Diamond Partner

This is critical for clients that utilize HubSpot as an operational ecosystem. We'd be thrilled to see this pushed through! 

magda_kas
Participant | Partner

@jeffvincent Thanks for updating the permission! I was able to access the form now 

MShah2022
Participant

Hi all,

Has any progress been made to this feature? When can we expect a release?

Thanks!

CHSpassivuk

An absolute must have feature! 

The ability to have different properties required/different "create deal" forms and different mandatory fields based on pipeline is really paramount for our business and likely nearly all of the businesses out there.

We have currently 3 different pipelines with entirely different custom fields required.  

As an extension of this, when you view "all deal properties" it would be incredibly helpful if we could also ring-fence the custom properties here too so you only see the deal properties based on pipeline. The more custom properties you have comprises the user experience. It's difficult to see the wood through the trees of what applies to you leaving gaps in our data we're having to pro-actively police.

Our work around has been to setup groups for the fields based on the different pipelines/business sectors. We only have 3, but as/if it grows then it will become more problematic. 

Really hope HubSpot will get this onto their product roadmap, would make a world of difference. 

JTidwell

Is it possible to update deal close dates based on stage?  I looked into Workflows, but it only allowed for a static date to be set versus a relative date (i.e. 6 months, 3 months, etc).

JKrantz
Contributor

Do we have any update on this?

SSeccombe

Hi, 

Has this now been completed? I desperately need to be able to do this!

JMaduro
Yea, me too!
Alvaro_Sanz
Participant

Hi, any news on this? @jeffvincent 

BKirsch

To confirm the team is planning this for Tickets as well? Right now, we have to create one mega form with naming conventions to get this done and it's terrible.

*ONLY USE FOR ONBOARDING PIPELINE* Goals / Metrics:

*ONLY USE FOR SHIPPING PIPELINE* Tracking Number:

KaiteyElliott
Yes please! I need this for tickets as well.
FPacelli98

Love the idea, a must have!

CMoscariello
Participant

Is there an ETA on this dev?  Chat support just sent me to fill out the questionaire and I see it's closed. Does this mean it's coming soon? (please say yes!)

TErickson_OW
Participant

If there is a Beta I would really like access. We need this STAT 🙂 Thank you!

JMaduro

yea me too. It is taking so long 😞