HubSpot Ideas

Dylan

Require specific deal properties based on pipeline

Breaking apart from this, 2 part idea: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Pipeline-specific-Default-Deal-Properties/idi-p/12943 

HubSpot should allow admins to define a different set of required properties based on the pipeline a deal or ticket is created in. This will help ensure tha tthe correct data is being added to the CRM. 

Example: 
For deals created in pipeline A - require "deal amount" to be populated
For deals created in pipeline B - require "local currency" to be populated

141 Replies
ptappink

It's been more than six months since the last update. Any additional information would be appreciated.

abrow
Contributor

@Dylan any update on this? It's been two year since this was started as 'in planning'!

Our use case:
- We have different ticket pipelines used for different internal functions. For example, one ticket pipeline is for whenever a user submits an NPS score and someone on our Customer Success Team needs to follow up with that user. Another pipeline is for when our sales rep requires a quote on services and that ticket is picked up by our Services Team. Another is for when a prospect is wanting changes made to a contract, a sales rep will submit a ticket to our contracting team.

The problem:
- Each team has different pieces of information they need to collect from the person submitting the request... well, because I can't make fields required only on certain pipelines, we just aren't making ANY fields required, and we also don't want to show our internal teams completely irrelevant fields on the ticket create screen either because that would confuse them (why would I ask about their NPS score when they are submitting a ticket for Services?? makes no sense)

How we are getting around it:
- Our teams have stoppped using HubSpot for tickets, we now use JIRA which is super annoying because not every team has access to JIRA, and these are really activities that relate directly to HubSpot activities.

The host of problems this also causes for Deal Pipelines is a whole other topic to itself. In short, this is making us turn to other softwares for such a basic capability.

SBhatnagar1
Participant

What's the update on this? 

When can we expect this basic feature?

RRodriguez9

Very keen on getting this going. This would also allow our company the ability to ensure the right information is captured at the right time. It would truly be a game changer to ensure people aren't overburnded with fields to populate. 

TMumford

Can we please get an update on this?

We have multiple pipelines used for different departments (i.e. sales, recruiting, marketing, etc.) that need differnt ticket properties displayed on the tiles in each pipeline. It is not logical to have an order size property display on the tile of a prospective employee... Can we please priorotize this implementation as it has almost been two years that this was introduced?

When can we expect this basic feature as hundreds of clients have been requesting the implementation and a simple response?

magda_kas
Participant | Partner

Just to add to this - still needed.

We are using Tickets property to track a number of different processes internally and this means that we cannot define one set of "required" properties when creating a ticket as different properties are relevant per pipeline.

It is helpful to some extent that we can set some properties to be "required" when moving stages but when creating a new ticket this is ignored, so this is only beingenforced for tickets when they are manually moved from one stage to another.

I can see what you mean about having something more varied where any field can be made compulsory depending on another field but actually (at least for us) that would not be such a big deal. What would make a huge difference is if it was possible to extend the functionality of updating status properties to be enforced also when a ticket is initially created at that relevant status.

magda_kas_0-1646062230942.png

HHunt1

Spoke with customer success. 1) to try and get an update on what's happening with this, and 2) to find another way around this due to the time it's taking to implement. They suggested using service > tickets pipelines. 

Has anyone else done that? The only issue I can see (so far) is that you cannot create funnel reports based on ticket properties (https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Tickets-funnels-reports/idc-p/592860#M106564) so we wouldn't be able to see conversion rates (which we need!).

If our company went ahead with tickets, it would be that we use deals for customer enquiries and tickets for recruitment enquiries. Still not a perfect solution as having everything under sales deals is much simpler.

@Dylan, please help! 

Bob2245
Top Contributor | Platinum Partner

@HHunt1 That's only a band-aid solution at best, which will work only if you have 2 variants of deals (with different properties) at the max. And if your 2nd variant doesn't require forecasting, amount sums at the bottom of deals etc.

I ran into this issue again today but with Line items. The problem is even worse there. I have 4 different product categories, and the properties a rep should fill in are different per category. But instead all properties are shown every time in the order in which they were created, so that window is a complete mess.

HHunt1

@Bob2245 Yeah I know it's not a great workaround, but getting a little desperate here! 

abrow
Contributor

@HHunt1 ,

I don't know why support guided you to tickets. We have the EXACT same problem as ticket pipelines, each ticket pipeline can't have set required fields upon ticket creation.

ktclayton

Can we get an update on this enhancement? This continues to cause major problems amongst our user base.

elizsmith
Contributor

Happy to see that this idea is in planning! We have two separate ticket pipelines for two different teams/departments and they require different properties when creating a ticket. 

JKrantz
Contributor

in the same boat, we have 4 very different sales pipelines that requre very different fields to start out with.

JKrantz
Contributor

commented twice, not sure how to remove this one. ha 

MWills
Unfortunately while dozens of Sales Leaders globally have been very supportive of this technical improvement, HubSpot has remained silent.

HubSpot where are you??
SDemarmels

Agreed!! It's actually a big limitation for me right now

KaiteyElliott

Upvote! Different teams use different pipelines, so the info we want to collect when creating deals is soooo important. Thank you!!!! 

saraspangler

This is crucial for having multiple pipelines, especially since we can customize the properties required per deal stage. Any update on this feature being launched?

KaiteyElliott

Have there been any updates on this? Thanks! 

M4tr1xN30
Contributor

We really need this. 

Like so many others above, to be able to customise the ticket form based on Pipeline or team, is crucual when multiple pipelines are used all requiring different information.

Come on HubSpot. Throw us a bone... something!