HubSpot Ideas

Dylan

Require specific deal properties based on pipeline

Breaking apart from this, 2 part idea: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Pipeline-specific-Default-Deal-Properties/idi-p/12943 

HubSpot should allow admins to define a different set of required properties based on the pipeline a deal or ticket is created in. This will help ensure tha tthe correct data is being added to the CRM. 

Example: 
For deals created in pipeline A - require "deal amount" to be populated
For deals created in pipeline B - require "local currency" to be populated

141 Replies
Dylan
HubSpot Product Team

lorinwahlers

Since it seems your looking into this you could even try and push it a step further.

Different default criteria per salespipe; then different obliged criteria per sales step.

The reason is that the closer you get to closing a deal, the better identified the deal should be.

Thanks for your consideration of this addition

jniemi7
Participant

This would be an awesome feature to have!! The part 1 portion from the initial thread on this topic has helped us but it would be even better if we could set default fields based on Pipeline.

Thank you for your continued efforts! We can't wait to see this implemented!

albertocaycho

Very basic feature and it is a pity that is not available yet. This is very important when you sell different product types and across different industries. Please work on it asap!

Thanks.

carldavies1
Participant | Platinum Partner

@Dylan - thanks for raising this. Does the feature request have inclusive, the ability to show different properties on creating a new deal record based on the pipeline. 

Great example using Sales Pro - we have three pipelines based on three different very different products/sales cycles - they share some common deal properties of course, but each product has a swathe of its own deal properties as they are specific to the product we sell.  

Currently it is not possible to exclude any fields for any one of the pipelines, so if you're a end user, you are forced to trawl through the properties of all products when creating a deal record.  

Hope that makes sense, be great to hear your thoughts, Carl.

nikkiv
Top Contributor

@Dylan Any idea of when this feature might be available?

NFW

An incredibly important feature, as many of us, have different product lines that map to different pipelines and properties. Should be a priority, please!!!

shubhs97

This is an absolutely vital requirement for any company trying to use multiple pipelines. Couple of easy examples:

1) Sales pipeline versus an Investment pipeline for startups

2) BD pipeline versus a sales pipeline for any channel driven organization

3)  For those who use CRM for recruitment, that pipeline and field requirements would be wildly different.

ABlakeRothstein

I whole heartedly agree.

I would like to have a pipeline that is very different with totally different requirements.

Think of what you would need for a startup 1. a Sales Pipeline about potential customers  vs 2. keeping track of potential investors that will fund your operation and where you want to understand their portfolio, funding strategy etc as part of th deal. Totally different and custom fields.  

I could add those fields to all pipelines but that would be a nightmare for those in sales and doing lead generation. 

JoshMohan

Can we please get a timeline on when this will be implemented? 

Mridvika

Hi - upvoting this. Need the users to fill different fields while creating deals under different pipelines. At the moment, there is only a global feature that allows same fields across all pipelines while creation.

carldavies1

@Dylan - is there any progress on this since your Jan 4th post? Has it moved past the threshold to move it into product development yet? It is really does alienate a lot of end users, and makes Deals way more complex than they need to be.

Many thanks, and appreciate your time on this.

Carl.

Dylan
HubSpot Product Team

Hey @carldavies1 - thank you for following up! We haven't made any significant progress on this quite yet, but it's something we're working towards with a series of other changes (like dependent properties for all objects and properties) with the hope that we can solve several big issues in a single release. 

I don't have any clarity on timing there, but it's certainly something on our minds and being discussed. I'll follow up on this issue as soon as we have some progress...and likely will reach out personally for some input on our concepts! 

- Dylan 

carldavies1

Great, thanks for the update @Dylan - I will happily provide the inputs needed and talk it through with you, feel free to contact me any time. Looking forward to the future, and I appreciate your efforts.

Carl.

lorinwahlers

Having worked in software development these last 10 years im happy to see this forum actually working (even if slowly) since so often dvelopment forums are never looked at. Should you need more detailed input @Dylan than happy to provide.

beccaes

Another upvote for this! This will be so valuable for my team, who manages multiple processes in hubspot with little overlap in terms of the properties used.

Nigel-A
Participant

Just wanted to add fuel to the fire! This is definitely something that would help me right now... tbh I'm a little shocked that it's not already been put into play OR had been part of HubSpot already, seems like one of those fundamental type things really. Is there any update on timeframe?

kcabnella

YES! I was just surprised to learn this wasn't already a feature! If you're going to allow for different deal stages per pipeline, it makes natural sense that there will likely be a different set of properties for that pipeline as well. 

PLEASE move this feature up!! You pick the pipeline you're working on (like when you set stages) and then adjust the required properties. THANK  YOU!

awardrobe

Would like to add to the pressure here Hubspot team! PLEASE GET THIS DONE ASAP. Is a vital part of our pipeline management and need a solution here.

Thanks so much

TashaDalBianco
Contributor | Platinum Partner

UPVOTE!! xD