HubSpot Ideas

TauriqS

Require Product on Deal Stage Change

Hi,

Currently we can set deal properties to pop up, and require them to be filled in when moving between stages. Similar to this, I'd like the ability to require that there be at least one product associated with a deal when moving to a certain deal stage.

Additionally, I'd like to be able to require that when a deal with products is moved to a certain stage, that all prices for the product on the deal are not zero.

The benefit of this is to ensure that when deals reach a certain stage in the pipeline, that they have reached a minimum level of "completeness".

Thanks

Tauriq

6 Replies
Josh
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner

Great idea!

JakeW
Contributor

+1 ... we could very much use this right now 🙂

It would be even better if we had an option to require products matching the total Deal Amount!

peterq

strongly agree with this!

Cos

also agree, forcing a product to be picked, also for manual creation of deals to force a link with a contact and other datasets. 

Rosberg
Participant

I want a new setting on Deals, which make it mandatory to select one or more products before a deal can be moved to "won" status.

The problem today is that sales representative register deals without registering products.

The value added by this feature is increased efficiancy, because when the value of products sold match the value of deals, you save time looking for the difference.

EBurkhardt

Absolutely agree this is needed