Request to change unengaged parameters during Covid-19 Crisis because of furloughed workers
I'm sure this will be of interest to any marketing team and many businesses during the Corona Virus crisis.
Hubspot's parametres for contacts becoming 'unengaged' are currently:
- Never opened a marketing email from you and hasn't opened the last 11 emails you've sent them.
- Previously opened a marketing email from you but haven't opened the last 16 emails you've sent them.
Due to Covid-19 and workers being furloughed it's entirely reasonable to assume that previously engaged contacts during this period might become unengaged through not opening emails, and when they return to their roles we won't be able to email them because they will have become unengaged contacts.
We would like to request that Hubspot adjust the default parametres for unengaged contacts during the Covid-19 crisis to account for the unusual inactivity, and allow businesses and marketing teams to continue connecting with their audience once workers have returned to their roles.
My suggestion would be:
- Never opened a marketing email from you and hasn't opened the last 17** emails you've sent them.
- Previously opened a marketing email from you but haven't opened the last 24* emails you've sent them.
*24 being the amount of weeks since the start of the Covid crisis and a quantity which should be updated until normality resumes, I would suggest a flexible figure which accounts for 1 email per week (as of this week, I'm estimating it at 24)
**a number which accounts for around 70% of the second figure as with the 11/16 ratio currently in place
- Select a label to view existing ideas by category::