HubSpot Ideas

SimonM

Reports - Default "First day of the week"

Hi there !

I noticed that the first day of the week is Sunday, by default, in all reports from Reports tab. At the moment, we cannot customize it. So all metrics displayed are from Sunday to Saturday, while it moght not be consistent for our business.

That would be great to be able to choose our own "First day of the week" for the report tool.

62 Replies
myfarmertan
Participant

Yeah, we report on a Sunday to Saturday. It would be nice to not have to choose a custom date range each time.

paolo-euclidea

It would be great if we could choose the first day of the week since we count from monday to sunday.

kmhatgas

I think this is even more important now that the new default for reports is Monday when it used to be Sunday.  

SC
Participant

I agree. Starting on Monday would save me time every day, and allow me to more easily see the history that i want to see. 

Sab

I agree. It is important to be able to define the week. Starting on Monday would save me time in updating the weekly reports.

David739
Participant

We work Sunday to Thursday and the inability to set this feature on Hubspot is frustrating. It makes this week so far dashboard reports impossible. Our managers can only view weekly data on Hubspot once a week by using the rolling 7 days setting on a Thursday. Other than this we are having to track weekly acticity data manually on google sheets. This is really affecting buy in to hubspot from managers. It is possible to set availiable hours for meeting requests, could this not be extended so we are able to set system working days. 

myl3s

It would be really helpful to set the reporting week Sunday - Saturday. 

I second this request to specify the default reporting week. 

Or_M

Waiting for this as well

dmastin
HubSpot Product Team

kylemckay
Participant

I found it confusing that the Forms Reporting tool mixes and mashes Week Start Date based on the user selected Filters.

Date Range = This Month         // Week Starts on a Sunday
Frequency = Weekly

Date Range = Last Week         // Week Starts on a Monday
Frequency = Daily

sunday.pngmonday.png

Sheldonxz

This is interesting. What I see is that the report starts on Monday no matter what. We actually prefer Sunday to Saturday as the week, so I definitely see that it would be useful to be able to customize.

liberworm
Contributor

We would like to be able to adjust the week start as well as having the ability to calculate the actual day of the week and hours. We like to report on the day and time of the week of support tickets to be able to predict support staffing needs. 

David739
Participant

The working week here is Sunday - Thursday and we report perfomrance Friday-Thursday.  I have to manually manipulate the work week to show data from this range. Which means our dashboard functinality is very limited. Please can we have the option to set a custom rolling work week. 

RandallF
Participant

I had an issue similar to KyleMckay.

Traffic reports (and others) start on Sunday, but a Contact report weeks start on Monday. Very confusing and frustrating.

Tommoheban

What I see is actually worse (and we do want to use Sun-Sat):

CRM reports are based on Monday - Sunday however all of our Website Analytic reports are based on Sunday - Saturday.

jody

Agreed, this flexibility is needed! 

MarkoJ

This thread was started 3 1/2 years ago. It would be great to get this flexibility, as some countries start their counting on monday and some on sunday - having both in the system simultaneously, without the possibility to select one or the other, is confusing and always a topic, that I have to explain, whenever someone doesn't know why the numbers don't match

Floris
Participant

I think there should be greater flexibility or reports and their dates in general.

jbodeux

@dmastin i'm curious if there is any other updates on timing since april?? 

anne_becker
HubSpot Employee

Any Updates?