HubSpot Ideas

evfishr

Reporting improvement for paid ads - track ad conversions regardless of timing delays

Hi there,

I'm requesting an improvement to the way paid ad conversions are tracked in HubSpot.

Currently, HubSpot only counts contact and customer conversions if the contact fills out a contact form (e.g. a demo form) immediately after clicking an ad. e.g. if there is a lag they are not counted. 

From HubSpot Support: the current functionality is that only Contacts who click the ad and then immediately fill out the Form are included in the analytics. 

I am requesting that conversions (contacts, leads, closed customers) are tracked based on the original SOURCE of the contact coming from paid ads. The exact timing should not matter and this is how SalesForce lead source tracking works. This seems like best practice to me, and I'm not sure why things aren't already tracked this way.

Please upvote if you agree or use ad conversion tracking and didn't realize this was the case!

Evelyn

2 Replies
Stevie
HubSpot Product Team

This is currently live in the form of Attribution Reports - you can select the type of attribution you'd like to report on at the top of your Ads tool. The First Form Submission report will show you the same data our ads tool used to show you, but you can use the other 3 report types to see all contact interactions with your ads. 

evfishr
Contributor

Hi Stevie,

Thanks for the note. It would be great to have this included on the Ads page / Ads funnel as well, not just in another product line's report. Right now, the information displayed on the Ad page / Ad funnel does not match up with what we are interested in - seeing the progression of contacts who originated from paid ads. This strikes me as the most useful and common use case.

Thank you,

Evelyn