HubSpot Ideas

Sarah_M

Reporting for subscription type and date by contact count

According to Hubspot Support, there's no way to build a report for # of Subscribers (by specific subscription type) by Month by Count of Contacts. I simply want to report on number of new subscribers monthly to our blog subscription. 

20 Replies
PThomas
Participant

I am also looking for this, is there a work around?

JacquelineOng
HubSpot Employee

Commenting for a customer - need to have reports to see growth in email subscribers & total # of email subscribers.

Became a subscriber date property is not applicable if someone is in a later lifecycle stage (i.e. customer) & subscribes as they won't have a value for became a subscriber

Events in custom reports only up to 31 days -- using contact list & list memberships in report is not feasible due to limited events

DGallegos
Participant

Agreed 100%. 

DGallegos
Participant

Update! I did some digging. 

Communication Subscription Types (Email Subscription) can be accesed through the "Create a List" feature. Not accessible through Contact Filters. Once list is created you can create a report based on the "List Membership" parameter. 

ABishop

I would love to get the email data based on the email subscription list. So if I send an email to one subscription type, what open rate does that type get? My types are so different they warrant different goals and right now I am manually tracking them.

B_Coleman

Not encouraging that in February of 2022 I'm still looking for a solution it seems everyone prior to January 2021 also requested. Legitimate question for @hubspot, why is this type of report build a challenge? 

RSimonet

We would really like this feature as it would allow us to see what efforts we should spend per subscription. Without this, we wont be able to spend as much.

TanyaUpCloud

We also would like to have this feature enabled. This data is anyway captured on contact level, there is just no datestamp property that we could use in reporting to track number of subscribers per subscription type dayly/monthly/quarterly etc.
DGallegos, made a good suggestion, however, currently you can only use "create date" property + filer "member of a list". In this case, you can show monthly trand, however, it will show you when contacts, that are subscribed to a specific subscription type, were created and not the date when they subscribed. It's different.

KaRoe

Exactly what I need - a key figure for B2B conversion rates!

amalia_
Member | Elite Partner

unsure if this works for people, but does a form submission report work?

Reports > Analytic Tools > Forms > scroll down to the table, filter based on form names - example Blog Sign Up Form > scroll to the top left and select Date Range of your choice > click Save Report in the top right and name it.

Shiran
Participant | Diamond Partner

At the moment, we have found a workaround to report on this data but we can only see people who subscribed and then filter by the date they were created, but not everyone subscribes the same time they get created in the portal. We also have to use lists and custom properties for this workaround. This report is a key one that would make reporting on subscribes much more accurate. 

IMantilla
HubSpot Employee

+1 on behalf of a customer. They would like to create a report that shows how many contacts have subscribed per email subscription type.

CPSCB
Contributor

We are testing this solution from @karstenkoehler as a workaround: 

List of Email Subscriptions + entering date

Kevin84

So crazy that this is not possible. All the data is in Hubspot so why do you not let us create a report based on this. Understanding the changes to the subscriptions is an important metric to understand!

NicoleJ
HubSpot Moderator

+1

hubspotmarcus
HubSpot Employee

Attempted the workaround mentioned above of using "list membership" in reports but that is also currently not possible as list memberships cannot be used as a data point in a report, only as a filter.

AKomel

Chiming in here to emphasize how necessary this is! For a CRM to not be able to tell us when subscribers joined certain subscription types/lists, is a HUGE missing piece. Yes, you can use the date filter for subscription form submissions, but we have many other methods for gathering subscribers (other forms, etc.), and we'd have to manually pull all of those numbers month to month to get an idea of our monthly subscription data. 

LWu_CMS

+1

KatyaManges
Contributor | Platinum Partner

+1! 

We often want to use subscription opt in status in reports for our clients but are prevented from doing so. Our workaround is to create workflows based on subscription status that set a custom property, but this is repetative and clunky when this information is already stored in the system.

Patrick_Saab
Participant

I use a date property that i've created for each subscription and i time stamp through a workflow the time.

You can then create your subscribers list and then report on it 🙂