HubSpot Ideas

austinpostler

Reporting Analytics for Chat

A function to view who sent a particular message, was the message opened/viewed, and if the message was responded to.  Reporting analytics like this would be very helpful for our company to be able to dissect and dive in to the performace of each message.  Having this information available in a list format as well as on the individual contact card would be helpful.

40 Comentarios
fchutcheson
Miembro

Also - we'd like the ability for the entire team to see message threads. Once a chat is routed to someone on our team, the rest of us completely lose visibility. Is there a way to prevent this?

clioi
Colaborador líder

Hi @hroberts, do you an update on this? Thanks

anotherdrew
Miembro

I'm shocked that this doesn't exist. It makes it impossible to judge this for lead gen or multi-touch attribution.

We're considering switching to Drift or Intercom for better reporting. Anyone else do the same? Advice?

nclawson
Miembro

@anotherdrew our team was very disappointed, the only reason we have not switched is that we had already implemented the solution (without doing enough research). I'm hoping hubspot steps up their game soon, it seems like a basic requirement. 

ryanwaters82
Participante | Partner nivel Elite

Hi, any updates on this? I am also hoping for GA tracking for the booking/meeting calendar. Any updates will be much appreciated.

Louis_Ross
Participante

Ditto. HS keeps pitching sales starter and conversations to our team but our team still needs a way to track? It's time - been a year since the first request - Get on it!

IlkkaTuominen
Colaborador

giving this a follow as this would be much needed here too, insane it's not there yet.

LeoBianchi
Miembro

I'm shocked that this doesn't exist!

It's important for us to attribute chat interactions as "Event" conversions in our AdWords and website reporting. Without this function, how we can use Google Ads successfully? The most important is the conversions. 

Wating for HS reply to see if we can wait of we need to chance the chat platform. 

Thanks in advance, Leonardo Bianchi

nikkiv
Colaborador líder

We need advanced analytic reporting for our chats. Our previous provider was able to tell us what pages people were chatting on and then gave us a transcript so that we could see common themes and reasons that users were using our chats. Also specific times of days, so we could tell when our "peak" time was. All of this would be very helpful to have. 

HitenPatel13
Participante

Excellent idea and something I believe has been on everyone's lips since starting Messages. I too would love getting some analytics behind the conversations and also be able to tag it so I can see the influence of live chat on potential customers.

ccullen
Miembro

Hey HS Community

We've just started using the Live Chat function, which is great, but definitely need a way to track it in Google Analytics, especially as we are only using it for Adwords at the moment.

Would also be good if you could set different times/time zones for different live chats, rather than one blanket timezone. 

Thanks

econefry
Miembro

I was just calling Support about bot analytics today. Specifically, I'd love to get some basic stats on the actions the bot directs.  Here's the scenario:

1. A bot's opening questions asks the user why they've come to the website. 

2. Some choices will direct to other pages, some choice will hand off to live chat, some choices result in us giving information like an email address for tech support (we don't use Service Hub).

3. None of the choices result in a hard conversion with email, we don't need it. We're using this as wayfinding on the website.

I'd like to have some analytics around which options people are choosing for their path. Something simple, like poll results, so I can see that in one month the bot engage x# of people and this resulted X% of people choosing the various paths. 

fmejiap
Colaborador

Please include the time a chat has started, so we could be able to measue how many chats are opened per hours of the day.

daven2cm
Miembro

I would love to be notified when this rolls out. Thanks! 

brettdpom
Miembro

It's crazy to me that in all of this time, they've not worked this out. It's standard to create an event in Google Analytics from a chat event - literally, every provider does this, why on earth doesn't HubSpot?

fmejiap
Colaborador

It would be nice as well if we can measure the most used Snipets or Hashtags in all the conversations.

Estado actualizado a: Delivered
hroberts
Equipo de producto de HubSpot

Hi all! As I'm sure some of you have noticed, we have released a number of reports to our reporting dashboards for chat, and the rest of Conversations. Details on the default reports available here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/conversations/use-conversations-reports. I am noticing a lot of comments on this thread that are different from the intial idea here in that they are referring to Google Analytics tracking. I believe some of you asking for that might be interested in upvoting: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Ability-to-add-conversion-tracking-such-as-Adwords-to.... If that doesn't describe your use case, please file a new submission. Same goes for if you're looking for additional report filters in HubSpot - please file a new idea for what filter you'd like the reporting and conversations products to offer with your use case so we can best gauge customer interest, thanks!

clioi
Colaborador líder

hi @hroberts - in my opinion, this has not been fully delivered yet. I've been playing around with the default reports and I can't even edit them so I have limited options. Also, it'd be good to have 'live chat' and 'bot' as separate entries for reports (just like contacts, companies, ...), at the moment live chat is included in 'activities' which is not very flexible. Looking forward to seeing more features released. Thanks!

hroberts
Equipo de producto de HubSpot

That's great feedback, @clioi, and I'd encourage you to file new ideas posts. I'd recommend one for editing default reports, and one for separating out chat and bot reporting, so our reporting team can look into each of those requests 🙂

DBuckleyLeadG2
Miembro | Partner nivel Diamond

It would be great to know by user when people are marked as "available". For instance if we coudl see the amount of time each day that User A was logged into Live Chat and how many chats they actually did - that would be really helpful.