HubSpot Ideas

troelsfeodor

Report on lead response time

We really need a simple way to report on the time to first contact for our MQLs. Ie. how quickly are they being contacted after they become an MQL, also known as lead response time.

This could be really useful as part of the Sales Reporting with the option to build a report based on time to first contact (in minutes/hours/days) with the flexibility to select when to count from. E.g. from "became a Marketing Qualified Lead" time or from "Created" time or from "submitted X form" time.

One should then be able to build reports like:
- new MQLs not touched within the 1 hour of conversion (which is suggested best practice in Mark Roberge's excellent book)

27 Comentarios
adamjda
Miembro

Completely agree - I almost can't believe given the volume of Hubspot blog posts about this very metric that it appears nowhere in your system for the Sales Pro tool! Glaringly obvious for KPI's...

markflint
Miembro

Also agree. This would be very useful for tracking sales performance. I want to drive the team to achieve contact within 5 minutes during work hours, but I can't without this analysis.

natan
Miembro

We definitely need this as well, please build

Eleven11
Colaborador líder

I'm kinda surprised this doesn't have more upvotes. This seems like an obvious feature to  develop though I'm not sure what would be the best way to implement it. 

Maybe a default property that tracks time between form submission and a call/sales email being logged. Some customizability would be crititcal. Not all forms require a response and some may consider a sales email a contact and other may want it to be a call strictly. 

markflint
Miembro

It would be good to customise it based on a specific property. The two most obvious being when it became an MQL or when it was assigned a sales rep. 

Those two happen at the same time for us so little difference but may differ for some. 

Vaka
Participante

I can't understand why Hubspot lacks so many functionalities that Hubspot Academy advocates as really important.
It was in Hubspot Academy that I learned that Lead Response Time is important, but you don't have it?

cmon....

Paul_CW
Miembro

I agree this is an absoulte 'must have' feature for any decent sales tool. We currently waste a huge amount of admin time to manually review each week. Come on Hubspot let's get this simple feature pushed through.

atkaye
Participante

out of the box would be really nice (and easy), but even just giving us the abilities to track and calculate times by the minute would be helpful across the board. 

Richard4
Miembro

We need this, too!

jrl
Participante

Yes please

JohnDrinane
Participante | Partner nivel Elite

Hey! I figured this out! I wouldn't call my work around simple exactly, but it works! I too was surprised that HubSpot didn't have this report natively. I built a workaround using HubSpot workflow and webhook, Zapier and Google Sheets. I've implemented it for a few clients in our agency and it's working great so I created a tutorial on how to set it up. I was measuring from SQL lifecycle stage entered but you should be able to tweak it to measure from MQL. Also would be happy to help anybody trouble shoot while setting this up so we can get it working for you.

Here is the link to the tutorial: https://www.revenueriver.co/thecuttingedge/what-is-your-companys-lead-response-time

johnwilliamcook
Participante

Date/Time calculations would help with this.

Estado actualizado a: In Beta
rok
Equipo de producto de HubSpot

We are exploring ways to surface lead response time to customers.

We are planning to add an average lead response time report to a new sales reporting application currently in beta.

We expect to release this report to all customers in 2H 2020.

JohnDrinane
Participante | Partner nivel Elite

@rok Great news!! So this report will be avaliable for all sales plans? Sales Hub and up? 

rok

Decisions about availability are still being investigated, but we expect it to be available to both Sales Hub Professional & Enterprise customers at a minimum.

HarvestROI
Colaborador | Partner nivel Platinum

Speed to Lead is the holy grail of leading indicators for sales teams. THis is a must have!

markflint
Miembro

Hi @rok , is there an update on this? Have a client who's really keen to start using this.

As a secondary dimension to this, it would be good to be able to input hours of operation to be able to see the lead response time within working hours and the response time outside of that.

The core reporting would be fine to start with though.

teoxihui
Participante

Keeping tabs on the updates for this feature, we definitely need this in my company. Thanks!

ColinB1
Miembro | Partner nivel Diamond

Please let me know when this is live - it's a key feature for several clients.

pille
Participante

This is critical for measuring lead success. I agree.