HubSpot Ideas

ihuang

Report Any Types of Tracking URL under the Campaign Tool

Currently, only tracking URLs that are bucketing visits under 'Paid Search' or 'Other Campaigns' in the Sources Report will appear in the Campaigns tool, but the Tracking URLs that are categorized as 'Email Marketing', 'Paid Social', or 'Social Media' will not appear in the Campaigns tool. My suggestion is that when a tracking URL is associated with a campaign, it should also be appeared under the campaign tool. HubSpot should consider to improve the "Campaign" functionality and make it more useful.

12 Replies
Fionn

Just wondering if there has been any update on this? We're spending money on Paid Social and it would be great to track it in the campaign. 

Currently we're using spreadsheets to track spend and conversions. 

gorand

My team would also like to see all tracking URLs associated with the campaign under Productivity > Campaigns.

I fully agree with @ihuang and @Fionn.

Please provide some estimate when this feature update might be expected.

Thanks in advance.

Irisy

We're doing a lot of social media promotions as well and gaining leads from it. Being able to attribute paid social (Sponsorships and forms) to campaign performance will be really great. Tracking URLs seem like it needs an overall update as well. Thanks!

lvcole
Participant

This is definitely something that needs to be fixed. We outsource a lot of things and partner with a lot of different third-parties. This makes it impossible to track campaign performance all in one place which is a total headache for a very, very small marketing team of two. 

tilly
HubSpot Product Team

alisonchandler
Participant

@tilly Does this mean we will see this in the next release? I too asked about this, yesterday.

tilly
HubSpot Product Team

Hi @alisonchandler! Thanks for reaching out. We're very excited about this update, and it seems I was a bit too excited; I marked this as "Delivered" rather than "In beta." We are developing this functionality in a small controlled beta right now, and will release it more widely once we've worked out all of the kinks. When it's ready to go live to everyone, I will make sure to post another update here. Please feel free to reach out with any questions, and enjoy your day! Smiley Happy

tilly
HubSpot Product Team

jdup

Hi agreed! It seems only logical if we can make the URLS, why can't we see the stats inside the campaign panel. 
Please add this feature, it's so weird that it's not incluced already. 

tilly
HubSpot Product Team

Tracking URLs with the source Email Marketing, Paid Social, or Social Media will now appear in the Campaigns tool! Thank you all for participating on this forum and communicating with us about how you'd like to see HubSpot tools grow - it's instrumental feedback for our teams. Smiley Very Happy The "Paid Search" and "Other Campaigns" cards within Campaigns have been combined into a single card called "Traffic" that will show all traffic to URLs containing the UTM campaign parameter matching your campaign's name. This report is organized the same as the UTM parameters report within the Traffic Analytics tool. 

APineiro1
Member | Elite Partner

@tilly - the campaigns tool has made some great strides with ads now being able to be connected, but I'm wondering if we could re-open this idea as I feel we are still missing out on one key thing - tracking URLs. For social posts that have to be posted externally, we have to use tracking urls instead of the social tool because they don't show up as an option to connect to campaigns. 

Similarly, my customer wants to be able to send tracking urls to external sites (think partners/influencers/pr platforms separate from their business) and connect those tracking urls to the campaign tool as part of his overall strategy for marketing. It seems like a pretty common thing that customers would need. Is this coming down the pipeline soon - to be able to connect any type of tracking URL to the campaigns tool so my customer doesn't have to look in two places for data (campaigns and traffic analytics) - Thanks!

Msyvrais
Key Advisor

I would like to see the ability to add a Tracking URL to the campaign after it's creation - we were not aware of the ability to create the tracking URL from a campaign and now have them established throughout automated emails etc and would like to associate them with the campaign