HubSpot Ideas

cvaage-actgloba

Reply or comment on note or a task

I feel it would be a great idea to have the ability to reply or comment to a note or task. 

My team would be able to communicate better using HubSpot. 

40 Comentários
SeidelHeartbeat
Membro

I aggree, that would be really helpful. We have as well a lot of internal communication and after a bunch of linking your colleagues, the conversation get's confusing.

ElenaM
Membro

Our company is suffering so much without comments for tasks in deals, companies and contacts.

You can find comments on marketing projects but not for main places 😞

The main use case here: we share all tasks, everyone in the team can contact the customer and set up task for somebody else to contact him later. Almost all CRMs has opprutnity to comment tasks.

caroline-thrm
Participante

Agree! Adding Notes/Replies to the regular text field of the task is messy, manual, hard for other users to see, and subject to too much user error in forgetting to "sign/date" your notes.

Herschel
Top colaborador(a)

Yes, this would be great. Using notes for this now but you end up have a huge string of notes that takes over the activities feed or editing one single note and not knowing who has posted what.

JosephClark
Membro

Comments on Notes are now live! Just noticed it today!

What would be really helpful is if you could reply to mentions right through the email notification and have them be logged as a new comment on the same note thread. We lose a lot of communication internally becuase people forward the notification to the person that mentioned them and continue the conversation via email instead of logging it on the record.

michaeljay201
Colaborador(a)

@JosephClark I don't see where I can add a "Comment" to a Note in a contact record. Where do you see that?

JosephClark
Membro

@michaeljay201 Interesting - Are you opted into the beta view?

That could be why - otherwise every note in our HubSpot has an "Add Comment" box at the bottom

Screenshot from a contact record:

Hubspot Comment on note.png

michaeljay201
Colaborador(a)

That is exactly why. I haven't been notified of a beta view for some time now. I do not see the "Add Comment" box on any notes. 😞 Cannot wait for it to be fully live.

Wibeke
Membro

I would be great if the same comment function from Notes/Call could be added to Tasks. 

ElenaM
Membro

Thank you, Hubspot for this first launch of comments in Notes!

I hope you will continue with Tasks - it's really great to have one place for communication history not only external but internal too! 

Christmas in the air!

Anonymous
Não aplicável

As of today, you can now comment on any note, meeting, call or logged activity. It is not possible to comment on an email or task activity at this time. The team is looking in to adding this functionality on tasks.

Gracias
Participante

Hi Team, it'd be awesome if we can comment on every task just like what you did on notes. It is important as we have to respond  to the person who created the task for us to update them the status or if we have questions about the task. Thank you!

rbarreca
Participante

It can be useful to add comments to a Task, say when someone assigns you a To-do but you need more info, you'd want to @ mention them and ask for more info. But the only way to do that now is to jam it all in the Notes field which is problematic. I'd expect to be able to add comments on a Task in the same way I can comment on the Contact Record > Notes tab.

josephglbrt
Membro

Is there a way to see comments in the body of an email similar to how the "Notes" function works? The issue is the email received from HubSpot just says the recipient was mentioned but requires them to go to HubSpot and search for the comment.  This is really difficult considering many of our Sales Reps use the system on their mobile devices.

Anonymous
Não aplicável

@rbarreca the team that handles tasks is looking into adding commenting to match the functionality on notes.

@josephglbrt we are planning on adding the comment body to comment notifications and also linking you directly to the engagement the comment appears on. No ETA on this yet but our team is looking to get this done.

showells
Membro

Kevin do you have information about when we will be able to see comments for notes in the IOS and Android apps? 

My team accesses HubSpot from phones often and when they see an email showing thet are tagged in a comment , then click thru into HubSpot via a moobile device, they cannot see the comment - and this is causing confusion.

Thanks!

Anonymous
Não aplicável

Hi @showells! I know this is on the mobile team's radar but I am not sure what their timeline looks like. I made sure to pass this feedback along to them though!

jsimpson1
Participante

Hey Kevin - 

New to HubSpot and still building out our internal work processes. I see the Note Comment functionality was launched but wondered if there is a timeline or the status of the Task Reply/Comment feature? It seems this is the most appropriate thread, but since it's marked 'delivered', would it be best to start a new thread to track progress?

I'm super used to this capability from 10 years using salesforce.com and used the functionality daily - really helped with sales team follow up and, if a specific task required multiple steps or a prolonged time period, the comments provided an excellent place for progress updates towards completion.

jsimpson1
Participante

Hey Kevin - 

Actually, as I mentioned, new to HubSpot, and I'm just realizing this morning that Tasks within Marketing > Projects > Tasks work exactly as I would have hoped. Although, those Tasks don't allow a tie/reference to a Contact, Company, or Deal. So I guess, updating my comment above, is there a plan for the functionality of Marketing > Projects > Tasks to be incorporated into Sales > Tasks?

Anonymous
Não aplicável

Hey @jsimpson1!

Welcome to HubSpot and sorry for the delayed response.

I don't work as closely with tasks so not too sure on the specifics there but I can see how that would be useful for users! That said, I would definitely reccomend creating a fresh post about that on the Ideas Forum as this will help the discoverability for both users and internal HubSpotters who would be thinking about that functionality.

I also passed this feedback along to the appropriate team internally to get it on their radar 🙂