Reply or comment on note or a task

I feel it would be a great idea to have the ability to reply or comment to a note or task. 

My team would be able to communicate better using HubSpot. 

HubSpot updates
11 Replies
SeidelHeartbeat
New Contributor

I aggree, that would be really helpful. We have as well a lot of internal communication and after a bunch of linking your colleagues, the conversation get's confusing.

ElenaM
New Contributor

Our company is suffering so much without comments for tasks in deals, companies and contacts.

You can find comments on marketing projects but not for main places Smiley Sad

The main use case here: we share all tasks, everyone in the team can contact the customer and set up task for somebody else to contact him later. Almost all CRMs has opprutnity to comment tasks.

caroline-thrm
Occasional Contributor

Agree! Adding Notes/Replies to the regular text field of the task is messy, manual, hard for other users to see, and subject to too much user error in forgetting to "sign/date" your notes.

Herschel
Regular Contributor

Yes, this would be great. Using notes for this now but you end up have a huge string of notes that takes over the activities feed or editing one single note and not knowing who has posted what.

JosephClark
Occasional Contributor

Comments on Notes are now live! Just noticed it today!

What would be really helpful is if you could reply to mentions right through the email notification and have them be logged as a new comment on the same note thread. We lose a lot of communication internally becuase people forward the notification to the person that mentioned them and continue the conversation via email instead of logging it on the record.

michaeljay201
Regular Contributor

@JosephClark I don't see where I can add a "Comment" to a Note in a contact record. Where do you see that?

JosephClark
Occasional Contributor

@michaeljay201 Interesting - Are you opted into the beta view?

That could be why - otherwise every note in our HubSpot has an "Add Comment" box at the bottom

Screenshot from a contact record:

Hubspot Comment on note.png

michaeljay201
Regular Contributor

That is exactly why. I haven't been notified of a beta view for some time now. I do not see the "Add Comment" box on any notes. Smiley Sad Cannot wait for it to be fully live.

Wibeke
Occasional Contributor

I would be great if the same comment function from Notes/Call could be added to Tasks. 

ElenaM
New Contributor

Thank you, Hubspot for this first launch of comments in Notes!

I hope you will continue with Tasks - it's really great to have one place for communication history not only external but internal too! 

Christmas in the air!