HubSpot Ideas

jthng

Reorder property group

Should have the ability to reorder property group to be able to access the important information first. 

36 Replies
vitae
Participant

This would be super helpful!!

vwychico

I concur. Hubspot, please allow this flexibility. 

GBSchris
Participant

Adding my Up Vote!

davidalcaraz
Participant

This needs to be a feature. Hubspot is not likes Salesforce where you see everything on the Opportunity screen in the order in which you create. You can't list every field needed on the Deal screen. Because of this, you only list the most important fields and then anything additional needs to be under the All Properties area to fill out. This needs to be ordered by the User in the most logical way and sections. It's crazy that you need to search all around for the fields that need to be completed. 

Scout130b

This should be an absolute priority! The client should be able to order the properties to fit the way the data comes to them for efficient data entry.

laurenwid

100% agree this should be a priority.  I am collecting information on a form and associating answers under the contact property.  Having all of the answers in alphabetical order versus being in order of the form is very confusing and really slows the process of qualifying leads down. 

LucPeltier

This should be a very basic feature of the client management. It does make no sense to go trough all the properties available to find a specific one. Especially when you have 100+ contacts to review

Goose

As has been mentioned by others over the past 2 years, ordering properties needs to be implemented. It really doesn't make much sense to have info alphabetical, when it only makes sense in a specific order. 

jessicalam

This seems like it should be common sense! 

JoeMayall
HubSpot Alumni

Hi folks!

Here is a great resource from our Knowledge Base that explains how you can customize the order that properties appear on a record's About Card:

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/contacts/select-properties-to-show-under-the-about-section-in-a-record

Best!
Joe

Ideas Forum Manager

vitae
Participant

Joe - while that is a good resource, it only covers reorganizing properties in the "About" section, not the entire contact or company record. 

AndrewDream
Participant

Is there an update on this becoming an added feature? I just implemented HS for my company and we have 44 company fields and them being displayed alphabetically doesn't work for us. Also, the About us solution doesn't work either. All of our sales and customer service reps work mainly out of company record. Thanks!

HubGem
Participant | Diamond Partner

Really need this feature! There are too many properties to list under the About section and even with the Records Customisation feature you can only create 10 sections... many of my clients are getting frustrated by this and I do not know yet of any solutions that work.

hamish3

This would be super helpful as we want to make the main properties in a couple of groups at the top so it's super easy for them to edit and change. 

Our reps like the separation of the properties by groups would be great to get them in order for us! 

jjlfshub

Any absolutely essential feature in order to be a serious system in competion to Salesforce and Microsoft Dynamics/PowerApps.

pallav2

Yes, I agree as well. This is a must-have function. That way we can sort properties based on our business's needs.

CPSCB
Contributor

@JoeMayall , as @vitae and @HubGem noted, the custom Team Views you can create within the Records Customization feature is helpful, but does not cover our full requirement. 

In addition to limitations on number of sections on the custom views, the following issues also prevent us from achieving our goal of right data served at the right time to the right users:

• the conditionals for showing/not showing a section are limited to only a couple properties (e.g. Lifecycle stage or Lead status for Contact records)
  • the View All Properties view in a record does not allow for reordering or conditional display 
  • the View All Properties view displays the property Groups in order they were created, which is counter to how the properties within each Group display (alphabetical). If there's not an option to reorder, at least keep the logic the same...that is, all alphabetical for both properties and the groups
  • user permissions exist for controlling who can edit a property itself, but not for editing the values. We want to be able to allow some groups to view certain property groups on a record but not edit them (this is different than controlling who can view/edit the entire record)
JoeMayall
HubSpot Alumni

Hi Folks!

@CPSCB — you raise some good points there. Our Product team is aware of the problems outlined in your first, second, and third bullet points. We have some ideas to remedy these, but at this time nothing is iminent. I'm switching the status to "Being Reviewed" to better reflect our development stage.

Also, per your last bullet, you can restrict the editing of property values. Here's a helpful KB: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/account/restrict-edit-access-for-properties

Best!

Joe

ClaraBraunger

Yes, pls!! I have multiple groups and looks like a big mess! 

hafo

I also need this feature. This is a must-have function.