HubSpot Ideas

FDo

Reopening tickets without reopening closed conversation

Hi guys, Hubspot recently made some changes to the synchronisation between tickets and conversations. Tickets now will have more interaction with conversations.

Overall it's all good. However, there's something we find quite inconvenient: closed conversations in the ticket will also be reopened when we reopen a ticket, all of them (if there's 100 conversation in the ticket, they will all reopen).

Our suggestion is that we can have a setting to choose to reopen the conversations or not when we reopen the tickets.

Best regards,

7 Replies
HDang0
Participant

Did not know about this change. Where can I find information about the change? 

It reopens all the old conversations, and in my case, assign the ticket (generated from reviews after chat) to the oldest conversation owner, who is not with the company anymore (deactivated account); even worse, assign this deactivated account with a contact whom she never dealt with. 

FDo

@HDang0 This particular change was not mentioned anywhere. We just figured it out by ourselves

MMcKeown

I agree that a setting to choose whether to reopen ALL conversations or not when a ticket is reopened would be very helpful. 

In our case, we often continue a conversation over email after a chat is finished. If a ticket that includes a chat conversation and an email conversation is reopened (by an email response for example), the chat also appears again in our Inbox even if the chat thread was previously closed. This causes unnecessary clutter in our Inbox where we only want to see conversations that need a response.

Thanks for the consideration!

HDang0
Participant

@MMcKeown Exactly. I've contacted HS and they said the change has been ungated in our portal since it creates more harm than good (when we deal with tickets through emails not right in the inbox). You can ask them the same if you see fit

edowling
HubSpot Product Team

Hi everyone -- thanks so much for your comments and engagements on this thread! We have recently made some changes to the synchronization between tickets and conversations. This functionality is detailed on our knowledge base here: Manage tickets in your inbox.

Based on this feedback, and other similar customer feedback, we've updated the functionality, so in this scenario, if a ticket is associated with multiple conversations, none of the conversations will be reopened. 

We will continue to monitor customer feedback and consider other options in the future, like adding a setting for this type of behavior, but in the meantime wanted to ensure we updated this thread for you all with the latest update. 

GGilbert
Participant | Diamond Partner

I found an issue when a conversation is closed and ticket status is closed - From the client side in the customer portal, the only way for a client to re-open the ticket is via email. The message box is grayed out and the client cannot type a message in the box via this way. Does anybody have this issue?   

FDo

@GGilbert It's how Hubspot design the feature. To be honest, it's quite limited this feature and we cannot use it in a lot of cases. There are some other limitation:

- The properties shown to customers are not customizable

- In 1 ticket, if you have another conversation with a third party, the customer will also see that conversation