Renewable/Recurring Deals

Some deals are closed once, but are renewed every week, month or year without having to close them again. Therefore, it would be great to have renewable deals that are automatically shown in the dashboard as recurring revenue. 

This means we don't have to create a new deal each time and move it to the closed stage in order to show the closed amount in the performance dashboard Smiley Wink

HubSpot updates
96 Replies
gelflex-cc
Esteemed Advisor

Any update on this?

Stacy
New Contributor

Ours are enterprise so need recurring deals.  Even on auto-renewal there's still some action needed around contracts and a deal is the best anchor for that

Shoma12
Visitor

Hey Hubspot team,

This request for you to develop the feature of recurring revenue has been pending for 2 years now. Please update us on your progress.

MH03766
New Contributor

bump.

What's the plan with this? Is it coming?

ABie
Occasional Contributor

Any progress on this?

robert1
Regular Contributor

+1 - we are runnign a SaaS business and are yet to find anyone who can recommend us a best practice for how to handle recurring revenue inside hubspot. All we get back from various certified hubspot partners is that this is not what deals were designed for. We are therefore not able to use them for our business, neither as part of the sales process nor for reporting.

I hope hubspot is able to provide a solution soon.

terezak
Visitor

Hi, I'm working in a coworking space and 99% of deals that we have are monthly memberships. I'm just setting up our sales reporting in Hubspot and was hoping that something like "recurring deals" would be available in free or starter sales pack because witohut it we won't be able to use Hubspot as much as we would like to. The option is available in the Enterprise sales pack which is 1200/month which is unacceptable for a company of 10 people.

StampMe
Occasional Contributor

Hubspot is great for managing traditional once-off deals.

However, a lot of our deals are a recurring subscription type. Unfortunately, it is very difficult to manage monthly subscriptions of contacts under Deals. Furthermore, it would be great if it could handle subscriptions in different currencies.

ALEasterly
Occasional Contributor

I have set up our account using the details described here, but we are still trying to solve a few problems:

1. We are using API between our app and HS and the HS-Stripe integration

2. When additional seats are added to the app, Stripe automatically adjusts the plan

3. How do we see / track this revenue in HS?  Should we have the additional seats first come in to HS then change the recurring revenue deal to inactive/reason=upgrade, duplicate the deal?  How does this scenario work with the HS / Stripe integration?

Thanks all.

charliepinker
Regular Contributor

@ALEasterly I don't have Enterprise or Stripe, so I can't offer much help, but I was exploring the notion of cancelling a deal and creating a new one when a customer upgrades their licence, vs keeping the original deal and creating an incremental new deal for the additional recurring revenue. I settled on the latter, because I only want to report on the incremental increase as 'won' revenue in that month. If I re-created the entire deal, on the month I did that it would look like we won the full amount of recurring revenue, which isn't true - we only won the incremental.