HubSpot Ideas

jonostap

Rename Native HubSpot Objects

I would like the ability to rename the native HubSpot Products to more closely personalize the environment to my business processes.

Ex: Change the "Line Item" to "Product"

I imagine the solution would involve a free text field that would let the User rename the record in question.

NetSuite provides this functionality, described here

6 Replies
ERobins

this is a great idea, we would use it.

vanessahunt
Top Contributor | Platinum Partner

My brokerage client is using the "Tickets" object in a different way to standard Service/Support, because the in-built features of this native object (the ability to relate to Deals and Contacts) works well for them. However we would ideally like to modify the Label for the object and appropriate fields that include the word Ticket. Salesforce includes this cability to rename Objects and Tabs as standard, so it would be similar to that. 

t-sander
Participant

Definitly a feature you should build. It makes sure the wording in Hubspot matches the wording employees use inside the company. Which makes the software way more user friendly without adding complexity. 

Example from your competitor Freshsales "How to rename Lead, Contact, Account, and Deal modules on Freshsales":

https://support.freshsales.io/support/solutions/articles/237020-how-to-rename-lead-contact-account-a... 

dreamerdad
Participant

We're a HS services provider and one of our clients has a Marketing Enterprise account which allows us to create custom objects. I've tried this functionality which is available on Enterprise plans. But as part of this functionality, I would like to not only create custom objects that can be associcated with native objects but also customize the names of native objects so that a) the data model and related reporting is as simple and streamlined as possible and b) the user interface for these customers makes more sense to them by having names for native objects (Gifts rather than Deals, for example) that correspond to their use case.

For example, we'd like to be able to change the name of Deals to Gifts and Companies to Households. We can then create custom objects such as Appeals that are associated with the Gifts native object and Gifts that are associated with Households native object instead of having to create a custom object for Gifts, a custom object for Appeals, a custom object for Households and then associating Deals with Gifts and Gifts with Appeals and then having to associate Companies native object with Households custom object and Household custom object with Gift custom object. 

propeller
Participant

This makes so much sense. Would love to see this done.

MDeVries-Todtz

Defintely needed. It would also be helpful to be able to dis associate SOME fields from a non hubspot form that are not relevant in the hubspot database. For instance, we have an order form that includes a phone number that is not part of the sales contact information, but this phone number continuously overwrites our sales contact phone number and that makes the entire phone number field useless