HubSpot Ideas

taylorfriss

Rename List Folders

It would be realllllly nice if we could rename list folders. Right now I keep having to make new child folders with different names and transferring all of the sublists into that folder, instead of a simple rename. 

HubSpot Updates
Delivered
January 06, 2023 07:02 AM

In Beta
May 14, 2021 08:46 AM

This a closed beta that comes with the delivery of our consolidated list experience. We will be rolling this functionality out to customers over the next few months and portals are migrated to this platform. There is a lot of exciting functionality that comes along with it. This functionality includes custom object filters, a unified folder experience for Contact and Company Lists, Ticket filters, and more. 

57 Replies
tktkkw
Participant

i agree !!

Irmelin
Participant

Two years later, still a much wanted feature! +1! 🙂

alexandrescu
Participant | Platinum Partner

A workaround is to create a new folder with the desired name, then move the lists from the old folder to the new one and finally delete the old folder. But still, it takes too much time for someting really simple.

406Alley
Participant

So crazy that this is not available! 

growthangels
Participant | Diamond Partner

yes yes yes yes… !!!!

C_Hori
Participant

Totally agree, it's crazy that such a basic and intuitive thing is not possible.

gmarkey
Participant | Elite Partner

I'm actually very surprised that we can't do this. Not sure what the hold up with providing this functionality.

HMillican

Agreed - very frustrating and surely a fairly basic thing to implement given that you can rename pretty much every other asset in Hubspot!

cketelaar

I would like this too!!

RebeccaB

Yes please!! Waiting for this!

Ktrob

Yes, please add the ability to rename a folder for lists. Much needed!!

mhandford

Please enable renaming of list folders!

hd_work

+1 Agreed. This would be very helpful

evang
Participant

If mfrankjohnson is going to +1, darn it I'm going to +1 too. 

This drives me crazy on the da-- well, actually I avoid organizing my folders because I don't have time. 

I have a list folder called "review for deletion." That's a folder of lists we may not need anymore.

I have a list folder called "candidates for deletion". That's a folder of lists of contacts I'm considering for manual deletion. I hate that this can't be solved in half a second like it darn well should. 

Inconsistencies (pointed out by another user) between different tools within HubSpot really make it harder to pick up, and degrade my sense of trust and confidence in the platform.

LindseyLou

Please make this possible!!! 😐

Birgit

yes please! And also totally agree with this: 
"ALSO It would be good if when you go to workflows/folders/emails those organized into folders are not in the list on the main screen too! makes sorting hard when you dont know which ones are in folders already and which are not"

uoduwa

This is needed! And for Workflow folders. 

cherman

I agree, why the inconsistency? 

JTrader
Participant

I give this a +1 too. Can't understand why this isn't a standard feature.

Tumbleweed
Contributor

Please fix now