HubSpot Ideas

taylorfriss

Rename List Folders

It would be realllllly nice if we could rename list folders. Right now I keep having to make new child folders with different names and transferring all of the sublists into that folder, instead of a simple rename. 

57 Replies
ema_negrisan
Participant

I agree! It's a small thing, but it's so frustrating when you need it!

TashaDalBianco
Contributor | Platinum Partner

such a small thing - really strange it is not there... haha!

auto_mate
Contributor

Cripes yes.

Does my nut that the different HS list/folder managers are not the same - and I can't rename list folders!

vcbconsulting

Agree!

This is so simple. One cannot always anticipate the use of a new folder and may need to change the name as clarification is made on how the new folder, and the lists contained therein, will be used. Hubspot please add this intuitive capability! Thank you.

KarenR

PLEASE HUBSPOT, PLEEEEASE Woman Mad

MikeWW

How is this not possible? It's little things like this that make working in Hubspot so frustrating.

Oscar1
Top Contributor

Totally agree on this.

lellis
Participant

The organization within marketing, templates and sequences are all over the map.

Some let you rename, some let you create subfolders, some don't have folders at all... absolutely no rational UI design and wacked...

alyssacarter
Contributor

Yes please!!!

phena109
Participant

Trivial but needed

charlotte7

I found out how to rename the folder!  Check the box on the left of the folder.  Then at the top gives you the option to rename or delete

phena109
Participant

@charlotte7I tried what you've said but doesn't look like it is the case

chris_block

+1

imanilea
Participant

I need this feature too. 

ClaireHsu
Participant

I'm amazed that renaming the list folder is not possible. What would be affected if a folder is renamed? Please let us know. I am new to HubSpot and previously a Pardot user. I found the logic of HubSpot is so different from Pardot or Marketo, and makes me wonder why so? Also HubSpot onboard lacks good training so that the transition from Pardot/Marketo is painful to our team. 

Danyelle

Definitely need to add this feature! Naming conventions change sometimes where we have to change all folders, or just a simple change...let's make it happen! 

jessicanicole

Yes, please! Let's add the option to rename folders! 

FACTONadmin
Participant

I agree

Msyvrais
Key Advisor

100% yes I am running into this issue today! all labels should be editable for sure!  ALSO It would be good if when you go to workflows/folders/emails those organized into folders are not in the list on the main screen too! makes sorting hard when you dont know which ones are in folders already and which are not

MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

+1