HubSpot Ideas

christourre

Remove the automatic "New Deal" from deals

When creating a deal from a contact record, Hubspot will automatically title it as the Company Name (great) and add "- New Deal" on to the deal name as well.   There is no way to configure the system so that it does not automatically do this.  

As we like to keep our company and deal names the exact same for uniformity, automatically adding the "New Deal" is something we are constantly having to delete.  I don't undertstand the reasoning for doing this as you can just runa filter if you want to see when a deal was created.  If you don't manually edit, then you can have a 3-month old deal that is titled "new".

Thoughts:

- Just use the company name for the deal name if auto-populating.

- Allow us to specify a property field/token for the deal name

- Allow for custom copy for adding additional language onto an auto-pop deal name

HubSpot Updates
In Beta
December 12, 2023 10:15 AM

Hi everyone! Exciting update from the product team - the ability to customize the default deal name (instead of “-New Deal”) for deals created from existing contact and company records is now in private beta!  To get access, click on the dropdown in the upper righthand corner of HubSpot, select "Product Updates" and select the Betas section under "Early Access." Scroll down until you see the Beta called "Customize Default Deal Name" and click “Request Beta.”

For more info, please visit the Knowledge Base article (use password: Deals_126899).

In Planning
September 12, 2023 06:38 AM

Thank you all for your feedback! We are currently determining the best path forward to enable you all to set default naming conventions for your team and remove the extra work of deleting "new deal" if it's not helpful. Stay tuned!

86 Replies
KParto7

This has been bugging me for years. I have worked in four different companies that have set up Hubspot. It's been bugging us every single time.

RicardSalevik

Was trying to find out how to remove it and ended up here - it is not possible? This can't be a hard one to fix? Please give us some update

KAvinante

It would be highly beneficial if this were optional. Especially since the deal moves along in the pipeline and is no longer a "New Deal".

JohnathanS

I have multiple clients and hubspot projects where this feature has been requested!

ttamang
Member | Diamond Partner

So surprised HubSpot is not even looking into this. We need an ability to update this feature

JLamb14

Yes please look into removing this. Huge waste of time having to go back and update deal names to remove this. 

MGan
HubSpot Employee

Upvoting and commenting on behalf of multiple customers! This is a much needed product update

MChristensen7

This should be so easy to fix @hubspot

SConnor
Participant

Because of the nature of our business we have a specific way for naming each deal. Its better that it not autopopulate for us at all so we can do our custom naming convention for each deal. Right now because its autopopulating and not prompting people to change it I've been having to spot check and get people to go back and change deal names. 

Val_Nonnen

upvoting

paddy_dines

This is annoying and so simple to fix.  Just give us a tick box or a customisable field.  😩

PHix
Participant

Don't understand why this is needed. At least make it something we can turn off. We use Slack automations to communicate about deals and it looks weird to say "Congrats to [deal owner] for closing Acme - New Deal!"

NNagel0
Participant

PLEASE. After 3 years there is still no solution to this. It is not that difficult to remove this default setting. We are begging you to remove it.

VValmiki

@hubspot @ckhubspot  Why are you ignoring this simple request?

Norbi
Participant

agreed! should be a fairly easy fix! 

LCaulfield

Yes, please remove it, and why does it randomly choose company or contact name and put that in there too?
If I could choose a token I would love that!

MaggieB
HubSpot Product Team

Thank you all for your feedback! We are currently determining the best path forward to enable you all to set default naming conventions for your team and remove the extra work of deleting "new deal" if it's not helpful. Stay tuned!

enniszd
Participant
thank you
Bareld
Participant
Thank you
LCaulfield

Thank you for looking into it!

Just to repeat myself.... if we could choose the token (like we can in so many other areas) that would be amazing! 

That way all of us who like "uniformed" deals can choose how we would like them organised and it would stop a lot of checking up on others and deleting "New deal"!

Thank you again!