HubSpot Ideas

christourre

Remove the automatic "New Deal" from deals

When creating a deal from a contact record, Hubspot will automatically title it as the Company Name (great) and add "- New Deal" on to the deal name as well.   There is no way to configure the system so that it does not automatically do this.  

As we like to keep our company and deal names the exact same for uniformity, automatically adding the "New Deal" is something we are constantly having to delete.  I don't undertstand the reasoning for doing this as you can just runa filter if you want to see when a deal was created.  If you don't manually edit, then you can have a 3-month old deal that is titled "new".

Thoughts:

- Just use the company name for the deal name if auto-populating.

- Allow us to specify a property field/token for the deal name

- Allow for custom copy for adding additional language onto an auto-pop deal name

86 Replies
Siddall
Top Contributor

Yasssss.  Please remove that default text.  Thanks @christourre

sbampato

Yes, remove it! I have to delete the text every time and luckily I am creating a lot of deals 🙂

ShirazHemani
Participant

Yes, the default text serves no purpose and we always end up deleting it here. 

Best case, it's a small waste of time for the sales rep...worst case, all that time adds up and keeps the rep from actually *working* their deals 🙂

samanthaneon

I agree 100%! 

The default "New Deal" serves no purpose at all. Please think about the removal of the text.

Thanks! 

wilgrace

fully agree, please remove

MarkT
Participant

No response here from Hubspot. Another example how this system is bereft of simple logic in so many places.

Please remove this ASAP. It has absolutely NO value whatsoever, all it does is create work. Whoever coded this must have been a few branches short of a tree.

Siddall
Top Contributor

1.5 year check-in.  Bueller?

sallyadmin

I would also like to see this setting turned off. Please work on removing this. 

SDesigns

Please remove this feature! Our company removes the "New Deal" appendix but obviously we don't get them all, which leads to confusion when a deal is no longer new. 

jsto
Contributor

We echo the desire to have "New Deal" removed when creating a new deal.

MarkT
Participant

How many do we need to get Hubspot to action this? Do we need to start a petition?

nickjanalta

Upvote for this idea. @hubspot any update?

jniemi7
Participant

YES! This serves no purpose! I have to remove it EVERY TIME I create a new deal and it's getting OLD!

Siddall
Top Contributor

Coming up on our 2 Year Anniversary for this Idea!  Still having to delete that no-value-add text with every new Deal... Robot Sad

LordTravis
Participant

It doesn't look like this is going to be addressed, but I'll chime in/bump it -- my VP of Sales and CEO both wanted me to find a way to remove it as some of our task automation is customer facing, and in the VP's words "Having customers see a '- New Deal' tag comes off as tacky, and we should avoid that."

I'd like to see this feature toggleable as well -- it should be a pretty simple fix to just not have it concatenate onto the name of a deal.

MaxClem

Please fix this Hubspot. I can not imagine your own sales people are not annoyed by this...? 

MarkT
Participant

Over 26 months to remove 2 words from your code.

Get on with it already!!!!

Schuyler

+1 Always deleting it. Adds no value and looks bad on quotes.

MarkT
Participant

My quarterly post to tell Hubspot to get on with this.

adamn

Yeaaaa lol - why is this not a toggle or customizable field in settings? lol