HubSpot Ideas

Gokoolrod

Remove "hubfs" from the file URL naming system

For folks that are migrating from another web hosting company to hubspot, we wanted a way to omit the "hubfs" from the file name.

For example, currently after you upload an image into a folder, you get the following file URL: https://yoursite.com/hubfs/yourfilename.png

We would like it to actually be "https://yoursite.com/yourfilename.png".

This way, we can simply upload our files from our current hosting company into hubspot and not have to modify any of our current links.

In addition, people who are ocd like me can have a more clean and easier way to find files.

Thanks!

14 Replies
AnnieDM
Participant

We found this post because we are having the same issue. Some URLs are in legal documents and need to be as short as possible. The hubfs is frustrating.

Would love to see that fixed.

iamsebastijan

same issue, is there any ETA on that? 

jfurst

We are having the exact same problem. All our email headers, logo, reports for clients were hosted on Wordpress and now that we migrated to Hubspot all the links are broken!

We need the ability to replicate the exact same path for our URLs to work!

Can someone please help us?

Very much appreciated

kirstysweeney
Participant

same same same same, rediculous structure and has cost time and money.

RLightfoot
Participant

Adding my vote to allow Client the ability to rename the 'hubfs' directory to something of the Client's choosing. 

leelance
Participant

This is a real problem switching our website to HubSpot CMS. I have a bunch of files at the root or in specific folders and I am going to have to 301 old URLs to link to the same files. This is a real pain.

EFeinstein

I also need a way to remove the hubfs from the directory path.

I tried getting around this with redirects, but for some reason that isn't working.

This is a big pain and I need to now update (potentially) 200+ files.

TylerKinsherf

Bumping post! 

AAM
Contributor

I absolutely need this feature. I see that this has been an idea for over two years. It doesn't seem like a big ask. I'm not sure how I'm going to explain to my boss that this isn't possible.

TylerKinsherf

@AAM - we ended up hosting a web server as HubSpot works with a subdomain www.domain.com you are still free to use domain.com and configure some rules around routing traffic. I do believe it is a feature worth having and does not feel like a big ask. But there are work arounds. I wish you luck. 

rroethof

Bump.
We just migrated from wordpress to hubspot and all the signatures of our employees need to be upgraded to the hubfs image, unless this issue would be fixed.

THC
Participant

Same here,

My client have issue with CORS issue with my domain and he says that "/hubfs/" is the issue that its not passing the CORS policy. is there any solution to solved it with or without removing /hubfs/" form files.

WHSupport01
Member | Diamond Partner

We have the same issue. Any suggested work-arounds here? 

SvenS85
Participant

Es muss eine Option geben diesen Teil der Domain rausnehmen zu können.