HubSpot Ideas

TDroogh

Remove 10k limit in contacts (and presumably other) search API

Currently, the search API is limited to only receive 100 records per time, up to 100 pages. This makes the total number of records you can search 10k.

For an integration, there can be scenario's where we want to retrieve more than 10k records, so in my opinion, this limit should be raised (or removed all together).

4 Comentários
JBorn
Participante

Very much in favor of removing the limit all together and raising the number of records that can be returned on one page. There are multiple real world scenarios where we are using the HubSpot API to pull recently modified contacts.  This subsequent list can be over 10,000 for many reasons:

• Mass update
  • Automated process making multiple update
  • Ingesting new contact lists
  • Initial data sync
  • Disaster recovery data syncs
  • Etc

Instead develpers need to pull all the contacts every time and then filter on our end.  I can not safely use search as just loading a new contact list of 20,000 will break the sync process.  If the goal is to reduce server load, you've just increased it emensly.  

Another patter could be to sort by VID while filtering by last modified data.  Yes this is possible, but this doesn't reduce the load on your server, adds layers of complexity to your consumers code.

Please remove the 10k limit and raise the per page limit!  Your users will thank you!

ShaneKirk
Membro

Really support the idea of removing limits of what can be viewed.

We work in a high volume business and would appreciate the ability to view all contacts in a simple view

digDataSD
Participante

Agreed. We routinely want to analyze contacts added in different date periods. Currently having to pull all and then filter; waste of time and resources.

CBN
Top colaborador(a)

100% support!

Just missed a hotfix deployment window for my app as our integrations tests failed due to the API search limit. We did realize this until 30 minutes later ... and then time was too short to run the full cycle.