HubSpot Ideas

milesbro

Reload Parent record from CRM extension Iframe

The CRM Extension Cards are great for displaying external data associated with a HubSpot record and enabling features around this data (eg update forms via Hubspot enabled Iframes) . Using the API’s the CRM extensions can also update the underlying record accordingly.  Example being a calculator of some sort that may need to update a deal amount or a contact search, of another database, to extract some contact related data to be updated in the contact record.  However,  any updates performed by these cards are not reflected to the user until the underlying records is reloaded in Hubspot. This is confusing to the users and the only way to mitigate this is by asking, via a prompt,  that the user to  manually refreshes their browser e.g. F5 their current page! This implies to the user that the card and Hubspot Integration they have installed, and possibly paid for,  is not of an expected standard whereas the ability to automatically reload is simply not available.

Note: Client-side coding to reload the parent of the CRM Extension Iframe via  location.reload() method or alike is not permitted from an iframe of a different domain i.e.  browser cross-domain restrictions.

My preferred solution would be an enhancement to the window.postMessage by adding a  “close and reload” option.

12 Replies
ybell
Participant

Totally Agree!!! 

rskousen

Yes, this would be great!

vdlozano

Yes, it's complety necesary...

Herman
Participant | Elite Partner

Correctly a client of us is have the same issue now with a custom CRM module that updates some properties. 

edde_se
Participant

Yes!!! What is the status of this?

LBrowning

Is there any update on this? We also require this functionality. 

RdWork

We'd like to know, as when updating a Deals total price in an iframe using the API the data is not refreshed.

milesbro
Nope. No update I'm aware of as yet.
srihem

This is an absolute nessasity.

CBarras
Participant

Same use case, even if it is via window.postMessage !

RyabenkoPro

Breaks logic of the app if user close modal without refreshing the page. I think everyone can back me up code wise this task can be done within 15 minutes. 

asmeredith

This is on my wishlist, too!