HubSpot Ideas

BradleyE

Related Companies -- Included in List Segmenting and Work Flows

Contacts can have 1 "Associated Company" and several "Related Companies". Workflows and Lists can be generated based on properties of "Associated Company" BUT not "Related Companies" - as I've been told Related Companies is still a BETA feature.

Expanding the Lists and Workflows to included segmentating based on the properties of Related Companies would be immensely helpful and prevent the necessity of creating duplicate Contacts in order to trigger Workflows and generate correct Lists.

Example of Issue:

We have "Owner A" who is the owner of "Company A", "Company B", and "Company C" that are in the states of Arizona, Nevada, and California, respectively. Company A is the Primary Associated Company while B and C are merely "Related Companies".

We need to send an email to all of our customers who have a company in California. If we create a List where it filters/segments Companies where "State" = California, Owner A will not be included because their California office is only a "Related Company".

This is just one example where having "Related Companies" is almost pointless, aside from making UI a bit simpler for customers who have multiple locations/businesses. I wasn't even away of the issue until it was tested in the specific scenario given above.

7 Comentarios
dhebert
Participante

This is imperative to how our organization operates as well. We have many business consultants, advisors, and accountants (third-party contacts) who are considered "Contacts" on dozens of companies in our database. Unfortunately, there is no clean way to segment and communictae with these third-party contacts. So our database is riddled with duplicate contact records.

If the related companies feature allowed for segmentation this could be easily accomplished.

Katia_A
Participante

We also need to be able to use the "Related companies" properties in Workflows and List, as we have a lot of multiple associations between contacts and companies and is not possible to operate with the "Associated companies" only.

We communicate with the contacts, but a lot of informations needed to personalize our communication are stored in the company properties.

Workaround solutions require a lot of manual effort and the duplication of properties and of contacts.

pokeefe
Miembro

This is a must-have for us as well. Please add this soon!

PaulDibin
Miembro

The same for us! This is a must-have functionality! 

twengler
Colaborador | Partner nivel Platinum

beta request for this feature... https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfR9Gzs1gHawZ8vytoec1nQ9z6SdZRp1jxVzSQQbGdvFOEPEw/viewform 

We use this for Every Account we Turn On.

emcgaw
Participante

I agree. I think we put this request in last year too. We have several clients that own multiple businesses and we want to be able to email them only when the information pertains to their industry. 

GHuraux
Miembro

I agree, it would also be very helpful for workflows to set properties based on contacts, in this case we can not do it.
We have clients that are in several companies and companies that have several contacts the idea is to uniformize everything